These grilled salmon veggie packets are an entire summer meal-in-one that’s ready in under 20 minutes with only a few simple ingredients! Feel free to use your favorite summer veggies.
Or in other words…lazy end-of-summer dinners are absolutely in full session here, guys.
I don’t know about you, but I’m trying to soak up every single last bit of summer now while I still can and before the fall madness sets in (i.e. school starts tomorrow. eeeeeep!) and that means I want to be anywhere but the hot kitchen.
That means easy-peasy dinners for everyone. I haven’t heard any complaints yet so we should probably keep this good thing we’ve got going strong.
It is a good thing. Lazy dinners win in so many different ways.
Mostly in the way that doesn’t make me leave the patio and Pinterest for more than 20 minutes. Hey, vacation doesn’t technically end until tomorrow!
Okay so let’s talk dinner, y’all. Grilled meat/veggie packets are a new thing for me this summer. Honestly, they are so.dang.cool! You basically just mix and match your favorite veggies and meats in your own little personalized dinner packet, and pop it on the grill for a few minutes to let the dinner magic unfold.
But before throwing these packets on the grill, I drizzle every veggie/salmon crevice in a lemony-dill marinade and oh, lordy is it GOOD! Not only does it keep the meat and veggies moist, but it oomphs up the flavors to about a 15.5/10.
Then during the actual cook time, the meat and veggies steam in their own little foil packet and get super-moist and tender. ZE-RO hard work on your part. This is honestly dinner salvation, y’all.
And trust me on this: anything with the words “dinner” and “salvation” hanging out in the same sentence is something you want in on.
You need to join this cool kids club where I’m president of make-dinner-EASY-and-dang-amazing-tonight.
It all starts with a grilled salmon foil packet. And a very lazy dinner mindset. ???
Lemon Dill Grilled Salmon Veggie Packets
- 10 oz salmon fillets about 2
- 1/2 lb asparagus trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet pepper thinly sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange salmon fillets, asparagus, zucchini, and sweet pepper on two 9x13 double-thickness sheets of tin foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, agave, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour evenly over both packets of salmon and veggies. Fold up foil packets tightly to seal.
- Grill foil packets over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until salmon is flaky and pink and veggies are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill, cool slightly, and serve warm. Enjoy!
You’ve GOT to try this blackened salmon on the grill next time!! It’s a family fav. ♥