Love cashew chicken? You’re going to love it even more in super-healthy salad form with an insane kicked-up chipotle avocado dressing drizzled on top!
I have a new addiction, you guys. It’s called cashew chicken in the form of salad and it’s by far my healthiest food addiction yet. I’m by far super-obsessed right now.
There’s nothing quite like an entire salad-for-dinner-meal-in-one. It brings new meaning to the whole salad game around here which is pretty much just like…Salad. 24/7.
It’s true too, guys. Check out the currently-exploding salad archives and tell me you’re not about to become a salad-holic too.
It’s a very good place to be, friends. Trust me on this. ??
Alrighty then. This cashew chicken salad. Obviously I have much to chatter about regarding it’s amazing-ness so let’s talk about it already.
There are THREE major components to this salad, but don’t let that scare you. I promise that this salad is still totally simple to throw together—it’s actually ready for your face in only 20 minutes so there you go: no excuses.
The first step is to make your actual cashew chicken. Basically all we’re doing here is making a quick chicken + veggie stir-fry and throwing some cashews and soy sauce in at the very end. Easy-peasy stuff.
Next, it’s time to build our salad base! I use a mixture of romaine lettuce and cabbage for the greens base and then load ‘er up with diced fresh orange, green onions, and of course, our beauteous cashew chicken. Arrange it all nice and pretty on top because the best is still yet to come…
And that would be the dressing obviously. Always the game-changer part. Even more so if we’re talking about this kickin’ chipotle avocado dressing. It’s a little bit on the hot side thanks to the chipotle, but the avocado helps cool it down to a perfect balance of zingy flavors. It’s so dang good, I would recommend grabbing a large grande-sized straw.
Or you could be semi-boring and just use it for it’s intended purpose which is to cover every.single.inch of your cashew chicken salad.
Please know that both options will probably work out well in the end.
Anything is gonna work out when you have salads like this up your sleeve.
Or more preferably in your face.??
Cashew Chicken Salad with Chipotle Avocado Dressing
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts diced into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 medium orange peeled and diced
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, saute chicken, red pepper, carrot, and garlic in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir soy sauce, cashews, and salt and pepper to taste into skillet.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine lettuce, cabbage, green onion, and orange. Arrange warm chicken mixture on top of salad. Set aside for a moment to make the dressing.
- Make the dressing: In a food processor, pulse all dressing ingredients until smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, drizzle individual servings of salad with dressing and serve. Enjoy!
If you’ve got a thing for cashew chicken…you’ve GOT to try this classic recipe!