These easy one-pan zucchini noodles are covered in the most AMAZING flavorful sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce and you won’t believe they’re ready for the dinner table in only 20 minutes!
It’s official, guys. Zucchini noodles/anything spiralized have completely taken over everything logical and reasonable that I may have once had.
Ahem. It was likely small amounts of reasonableness anyway. Didn’t really have anything to lose so veggie noodles were a more than welcome addition to my life.
Case-in-freaking-point. ⇑⇑ Look at that skillet up there and tell me your life isn’t made.
If it isn’t…maybe shove your face in said skillet and then tell me your thoughts.
Okay, friends. Who here is new to the whole veggie noodles ‘thang that in the past few years has completely taken over every corner of Pinterest? Obviously it took my awhile to hop on that bandwagon, because I’m obviously a 19-year old with the stubborn, traditionalist mind of an 85-year old. Or something like that. ??
But then…I got my beloved KitchenAid spiralizer attachment. Suddenly all bets were off and suddenly I wanted all future things to ever enter my mouth noodled.
Also, you should probably know that there isn’t anything I haven’t/in the near-future WILL spiralize. Challenge me on that one and my spiralizer shall prove you wrong, because you don’t mess with perfection.
Speaking of perfection…we should talk about the completely ridiculous sauce adorning our lovely mess of zucchini noodles today.
We start with my basic alfredo sauce which is totally amazeballs by itself, but we take things up a notch in flavor city by throwing some sun-dried tomatoes into the mix. Suddenly I want to just drink this sauce like a smoothie.
Okay, stop gagging. If you’re not nuts, you can use this sauce for it’s designed purpose which is covering every single little zucchini noodle with all it’s glory.
Then of course…Parmesan cheese by the truckload on top. With fresh minced basil, I mean yaaaaaaaas.
Don’t just go heavy on the Parm/basil. Go heavi-ER.
And yes, I think our job here is done too. Diving into the whole beautiful zucchini noodle mess now, don’t try and stop me. ??
Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Zucchini Noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 medium zucchini spiralized
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter until bubbly. Saute garlic in butter until just fragrant, then whisk in flour. Slowly whisk in milk and cream until sauce is smooth. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until just slightly thickened.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add alfredo sauce to food processor and pulse several times until sauce is completely smooth.
- Pour sauce back into sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and whisk in Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, and minced basil. Gently stir zucchini noodles into sauce and return to heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until zucchini noodles are softened. Serve zucchini noodles immediately and enjoy!
You asked for MORE zucchini noodles? Try this skillet next!!