Get your pumpkin spice latte fix in donut form! These moist pumpkin donuts are unbelievably soft inside and covered with an amazing espresso glaze.— best consumed with a pumpkin spice latte nearby!
So it was only a matter of time before this happened, guys. Only a matter of time before pumpkin spice lattes took over not only the coffee portion of my life, but the donut portion as well.
I mean, I have so many problems over here obviously…
But a pumpkin spice latte donut and a large actual pumpkin spice latte nearby definitely ain’t one of ’em.
And while we’re on that same subject…pumpkin and spice, you guys. Love it or despise it this time of year? I think for most people it’s either love it or hate it, and you clearly know where I stand on the issue.
Where I’m standing is the general mindset that pumpkin spice belongs in anything and everything.
Peace out. We all need to get into more of a fall mood anyway.
Okay, so pumpkin donuts. They obviously need our full attention now. And by full attention, guys, I mean in this order. —>
a) Read this post. b) Drool over pumpkin donuts. c) Make donuts. d) Eat all the donuts.
All donut cracks aside, seriously guys, these donuts could NOT even be easier to make. The batter comes together in only one bowl in less than 5 minutes and these beauties bake up in NO time flat.
Then comes the espresso glaze which is putting the LATTE part into our pumpkin donuts. We can all use a little more coffee in our life.
Glaze these pumpkin beauties to within an inch of their donut lives…
…and I needn’t specify the last step in our pumpkin spice lattes donuts process. I’ll give you a clue though, it starts with EAT and ends with THEM ALL.
And if you don’t…well, you’ve got a lot of self-control that I’m not interested in having when we’re talking about these donuts. ♥♥
Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts with Espresso Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 6-count donut pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, agave, pumpkin, yogurt, espresso, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually whisk in flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Fill prepared donut pans 3/4 full of batter and smooth tops. Bake donuts at 350F 15-17 minutes or until donuts test done with a toothpick. Cool donuts 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, espresso, and vanilla until smooth. Dip cooled donuts into glaze and place on cooling rack to set. Once donuts are glazed, serve immediately. Enjoy!
Try these super-HEALTHY Glazed Pumpkin Donut Holes next!!