Love the broccoli cheese soup from Panera? This no-fuss crockpot version is unbelievably easy to throw together and lighter on the calories too! You’ll be having bowl after bowl.
Fall is on, y’all. It’s officially jeans and bulkiest-sweatshirt weather, I’m officially always freezing the moment I walk outside, and soup is officially one of my main food groups again.
Among my MANY current main food groups which falls along the lines of pumpkin, apples, hot cheesy foods, soup, repeat.
And in all seriousness, I might just be putting this broccoli cheese soup on instant repeat for the rest of all time.
I might be exaggerating it’s nom-ness, but then again, my siblings weren’t exaggerating at all when they made the entire broccoli cheese soup contents of this crockpot disappear in under 10 minutes.
Ding-ding. We have a dinner winner, y’all. Even Rachel who as you can likely imagine, is anti-green was spotted slurping down a second bowl.
Okay, so let me run you quick through the broccoli cheese soup process. Guys, this almost feels like a cheater kinda dinner because it’s SO dang easy!
Here’s what we do. —> First off, we throw all our veggies into the crockpot and cover it with chicken broth and we’re gonna let this cook all nice and slow for a little while until the veggies are tender.
Then we toss milk, half-and-half, and a little flour into the crockpot because things are about to get creamy and very soon cheesy.
We’re gonna let that cook for about an hour or two and then comes the part we’ve been waiting for…
And that would obviously be the cheese. Worth the wait and worth the
trivial amount of calories.
Speaking of calories…just forget about ’em. Each XXL bowl of this soup is only about 220 calories and oh heck yeah, you are gonna have 10 bowls.
And you are gonna have to pile each of those 10 bowls with extra cheese too, you know. And once-was option that I’ve determined is now required.
Cozy food, guys. It’s here to stay for awhile.
Lighter Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots small-diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli, carrots, garlic, onion, and chicken broth in a 3-qt slow cooker. Cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, cream, and flour until smooth. Stir into crockpot and continue cooking on high heat 1-2 hours until soup is creamy and bubbly.
- Remove half of vegetables and place in a bowl. Pour remaining vegetables and liquid in a blender and blend on medium speed until completely smooth. (careful not to fill the blender too full with hot liquid) Transfer back to crockpot and stir in reserved vegetables. Stir cheese and parsley into soup until cheese is melted, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep soup warm until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Make sure you try this LIGHTER Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup next, guys!