Baked apples are stuffed with a decadent oatmeal chocolate chip cookie filling and drizzled with tons of icing for one killer fall dessert you won’t be able to resist!
You know it’s gotta be Friday when I stuff an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie into a baked apple.
No, I haven’t lost my mind, but my mind is in fact about to be blown from dessert goodness overload. I can’t take this, guys.
But I will take all the iced oatmeal chocolate chip cookie baked apples, please and thanks.
It’s a good Friday about to be made totes perfect, tbh you guys.
Surely you all know my obsession with all things that revolve around oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, yes? Today’s baked apples are only further proof of my hypothesis that you can cookie anything you want to. You can’t even possibly go wrong
These baked apples are a direct result of my mind going crazy one day and start wondering, hey, how FABULOUS would baked apples be with oatmeal chocolate chip cookie filling stuffed inside?
Sometimes my crazy ways just work out, guys. Conclusive proof is above. ⇑⇑
Okay, we need to get straight to our baked apples business, y’all! I need you to cancel all other weekend plans NOW because you’re gonna want your weekend to solely exist of stuffing your face with these beauties.
We begin by making our oatmeal chocolate chip cookie filling. Super-simple stuff that mixes up in one bowl in less than 5 minutes. Easy-peasy.
Next, we’re gonna hollow out some gorgeous baking apples and stuff ’em as stuffed as they’ll get with our cookie filling. Don’t leave even a centimeter un-stuffed, guys.
From there, it’s all up to the oven!! Throw those beauties in the oven for a little while and let the smells of fragrant apples + cookies fill your entire vicinity.
Then came icing dumped on top. Dessert is getting real now. Mercy…
P.S. Surely it’s not just me who loses it EVERY time over desserts that come in their own little package? Gah…cute, convenient, and obviously beyond delish. <<< three major wins right in a row, y’all.
Wasn’t even lying when I told you earlier that this was gonna be a perfect Friday, guys. ^^^
Iced Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Apples
- 6 large apples inside cored and hollowed out
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Place apples in a greased baking pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Fill hollowed-out apples evenly with streusel filling. Bake apples at 375F 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender and filling is golden-brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- Make the icing: In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, vanilla, and just enough cream to make a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle apples evenly with icing and let set 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Be sure you try the BEST oatmeal chocolate chip cookies next time!!