Unbelievably smooth, creamy, and flavorful, this comforting butternut squash soup makes itself completely in the crockpot and you’ll never believe it’s only 110 calories per bowl!
The return of everything involving soup and a crockpot, guys. In other words…laziness is in full effect today.
As it should always be when it comes to dinner. Oh, wait…that would have to be every single day. Dang it.
I’m clearly a prime example of what you should NOT be when it comes to dinner, guys, but still…
I’m perfectly fine over here chilling in my dinner laziness, and the fam hasn’t even complained yet either, so why mess with something that works out so perfectly for all parties?
You know what else is working out rather perfectly right now?
This butternut squash soup. Literally my one and only everything right now, no lies, guys.
For the main reason of…it’s made completely in the crockpot and is EVERYBODY’S kinda comfort food.
It’s rich, creamy, ultra-flavorful thanks to roasted garlic, and guys, it basically makes itself which is where the laziness comes in.
The only thing you’re really gonna have to do is throw everything in the crockpot…
Then forget about dinner for a few hours, puree the whole thing up ’til creamy, back into the crockpot…
…then let the ever-attractive soup slurping officially commence.
This soup is actually kinda like the butternut squash soup you get at Panera Bread this time of year.
Except it’s 10x more amazing, super cheap and easy to make, and SUPER healthy to boot.
I’m talking only 110 calories per large-ish bowl, guys. Yes, I’ll take the whole crockpot and a straw right now, please and thanks. ♥
Croutons on top are totally optional, but at the same time…not really optional.
I gotta have croutons on top of my creamy smooth soups at ALL times, just in case you’re wondering.
And really, I’m not even gonna judge you if you just slurp this soup straight from the crockpot.
I’ve probably never done that myself, but still: no judgement on methods of consumption with soups this good.
Crockpot Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced into 1-in cubes (about 6-7 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 6 whole unpeeled cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- In a 4-qt crockpot, combine squash, onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour chicken broth over top. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat 5-6 hours or on high heat 3-4 hours until squash is very tender.
- Remove bay leaf and garlic. Discard bay leaf and peel skin from garlic. Finely mash garlic into a paste and return to soup.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a high-speed blender until completely smooth OR use an immersion blender. Return soup to crockpot and stir in cream and fresh thyme. Season soup with additional salt and pepper to taste
- Cover crockpot and cook soup an additional 45-60 minutes on high heat. Serve soup warm and enjoy!
More crockpot soups rock your world!! Try this LIGHTER Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup next!!!