Perfect for an easier Thanksgiving side dish, these roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots are covered in a flavorful Parmesan panko topping – seriously the only way you’ll want to eat your vegetables!
Is it too early to begin thinking about everything revolving around Thanksgiving? I’m thinking it’s never too early to start thinking about the biggest chow-down of the year. Therefore…Thanksgiving prep mode starts NOW! Shall we discuss side dishes? We all know that they’re practically even more important than the actual turkey.
Speaking of which: did I mention that I’m bring the BEST EVER veggie side dish to the party today? Yep, it does include Brussels sprouts and carrots, but PUH-LEEEZE don’t let that scare you away because today’s veggie side dish is anything but sad and boring. It actually steals the side dish spotlight, if you want my honest-to-goodness opinion.
Are you ready to go to easy-peasy side dish land with me? Let’s talk veggies!! Here’s what we need to do to make those veggie sides fun again, you guys. Roast ’em up in olive oil and garlic and pile the whole top with crispy Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs and Parmesan cheese. My pantry is never without panko because Kikkoman is seriously SO versatile! I use it in basically everything. It’s crisp, crunchy, and perfect. <3
I kid you not, this is the EASIEST way to do those holiday side dishes and yet absolutely the most delish. I might actually ignore the turkey completely this year and devote all my love and devotion to the Brussels sprouts and carrots.
Try this winner side and you will most DEFINITELY see why!!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Parmesan Breadcrumbs
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 lb carrots cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, then toss brussels sprouts, carrots, olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning together on pan. Spread in an even layer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine panko and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over vegetables. Roast brussels sprouts and carrots at 400F 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown and vegetables are tender. Cool slightly then serve warm. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite easy Thanksgiving side dish? Share the recipe with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/1/16– 11/24/16