These easy oatmeal bowls are loaded with tons of power-packed protein and a tangy cranberry raspberry compote takes them over the top! Easiest healthy breakfast ever.
A healthy-ish power bowl breakfast is definitely in order today, guys. So.Many.Cookies. I’m loving/hating the prospect of January right now.
On the one positive hand…cookies. But on the other negative hand…also cookies. It’s a hard struggle, guys.
So let’s just do what we always do. Cancel out the cookie calories with a dang awesome healthy recipe that probably shouldn’t be classified as healthy because it’s SO dang good.
That’s these oatmeal bowls for you, guys. >>>
I’m SUPER excited to tell you guys about my fun collaboration with Naked Nutrition who are making this kick-butt breakfast possible today. I absolutely fell in LOVE with their line of protein powders and nutritious supplements because all of their ingredients are completely pure and clean.
They don’t use artificial sweeteners or flavors and instead focus on the purest-possible form of protein which is MUCH-appreciated when I’m trying to make a healthy breakfast bowl.
Naked Nutrition has an extremely wide variety of different forms of protein powders, but today I’m using their grass-fed naked whey protein powder. It’s SO versatile and I can use it in a huge variety of different things from my breakfast smoothie to my oatmeal bowls which is exactly what we’re doing today.
And dang, isn’t that just the prettiest breakfast you’ve ever seen in your life??
The protein powder itself is gonna go into our actual oatmeal. Just a basic creamy oatmeal using old-fashioned rolled oats and a pinch of chia seeds, sweetened with agave syrup and flavored with a touch of cinnamon.
Then things get fun. You technically could just leave this oatmeal as is and have a perfectly boring breakfast, but taking things up a notch is clearly my fav way to go so….
Let’s take 5 minutes and make a cranberry-raspberry compote shall we? Gotta get your fruit servings in today anyway, guys.
Frozen cranberries + raspberries get reduced down to warm, tangy perfection with a touch of lemon juice, water and a little bit of sugar…I swear it’s just amazing by the spoon, guys.
Then the whole thing gets piled in a neat little mound on top of your protein-packed oatmeal bowls with some chocolate and coconut…Man, we make pretty breakfasts around here, guys.
Dump a little waterfall of milk on top…and breakfast is served.
And could it be looking any better?? The correct answer is NOPE.
Protein Oatmeal Bowls with Cran-Raspberry Compote
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Naked Nutrition Naked Whey Protein Powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup agave syrup or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional milk dark chocolate chips, and shredded coconut for serving
- Make the compote: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring compote ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and let compote simmer until thick and reduced, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Make the oatmeal: In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a boil over medium-high, then stir in oats and chia seeds. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until oatmeal is thick and creamy. Remove from heat and stir in protein powder, agave to taste, and cinnamon.
- Assemble the bowls: Spoon oatmeal into serving bowls and top with compote and additional milk, chocolate, and coconut if desired. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Naked Nutrition, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% mine alone.
Need more easy oatmeal? Try this crockpot one next!!