Up your taco night game with these INSANELY-easy crockpot green chile chicken tacos! The chicken is unbelievably tender and a mango black bean salsa piled on top brings tons of flavor!
So yeah, guys. These chicken tacos have just about completely blown my mind.
Basically, it’s the easy, no-brainer comfort food we’re all probably craving to have in our lives after a likely extremely cookie-filled weekend.
Also on that same topic…don’t stop by my blog Thursday unless you want to see…yet even more cookies. I have an explanation behind this one though, I promise! A very convincing one too.
But for now…I gotta do some taco convincing obviously.
Okay, we’ve got LOTS of ground to cover as far as our taco business goes. These chicken tacos ain’t complicated, but there’s still a lot of amazing noms going on. Lots of stuff to drool over and try to form an understandable description about.
We’ll do our best on that last one, guys.
Let’s talk about the chicken for these tacos. Guys, it’s freaking greeeeeeeen. The crockpot does literally all the work for you, and it’s so amazingly tender and flavorful with the green chile sauce. I want to eat it on every.freaking.thing.
But I also wanna/have to eat it with black bean mango salsa covered in avocado and all piled in a huge industrial-sized tortilla.
Loaded tacos = better tacos. Always.
Oh man, don’t even consider leaving that salsa out because it actually does make these chicken tacos. The sweet and kickin’ flavors complement the tender green chile chicken SO well it’s almost too much.
Taco disclosure: there’s actually no such thing as too much when we’re talking about tacos. <<<
The taco truth obv.
Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Tacos with Mango Black Bean Salsa
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans 4 oz each green chiles, un-drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado for serving
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Remove from heat and scrape into a blender. Add green chiles, cilantro, lime juice, chicken broth, and cumin. Blend on high speed until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken in a 4-qt slow cooker and pour green chile sauce over top. Cook chicken on low 5-6 hours until chicken is tender and falls apart easily with a fork. Shred chicken with two forks and return to crockpot to keep warm.
- Make the salsa: In a small bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken warm in tortillas with salsa on top and sliced avocado. Enjoy!
Need more ideas for taco night? These beef ones are KILLER!