This California-style steak salad is packed full of so many fun salad things it’s practically an entire meal by itself! A tangy mango vinaigrette drizzled on top makes all the flavors pop!
I come bringing the numero uno reason you’re gonna feel inclined to eat a salad for dinner today and possibly the rest of all the days.
If you will notice, we’ve got steak, cheese, fruit, AND veggies basically all hanging out in one bowl obviously fulfilling all of our nutritional requirements. ??
So all disclosures behind us now…let’s go hang out in steak salad land. I hear it’s super nice there.
Okay so honestly, guys it’s salads as loaded and colorful as this that get me through those dark days of winter where we’re at right now. I’m talking about clouds, bitter cold, and freezing rain/snow for as far as the eye can see. Read: 1-2 more months of this. It’s depressing so only the most colorful and freshest of foods are going to do right now.
I’ve learned that when in doubt…make your salad Cali-style. This involves an abundance of avocado and many other fresh, colorful veggies that honestly, wooooooould taste better in the summer with fresh produce, but we’ll work with what we’ve got.
And in my case/should be everyone’s case a salad is always going to have to have cheese. So that’s that.
And starting right now…I might have to always have a perfect seared med-rare steak on my salad. It ups the salad game quite a bit, FYI.
But what REALLY seals the deal is our dressing which honestly tastes and even LOOKS like liquid gold. Mango vinaigrette is now hired to adorn all of my salads til the end of time.
So pretty. It looks like we drizzled a little legit gold on TOP of our already golden steak salad.
I wouldn’t discourage just keeping things low-key in the dinner department tonight and just taking care of your salad-for-dinner thing by taking up bowl eating. That means forgoing plates and just grabbing a fork, FYI. It’s legit fun as long as you don’t have other people moaning that they’re hungry too.
That’s why closets were invented. ??
California Avocado Steak Salad with Mango Vinaigrette
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 ripe avocados halved, pitted, and sliced
- 1 medium sweet pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese balls halved
- 1 10 oz round steak, trimmed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh cubed mango
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sweet pepper, onions, and cheese. Set aside.
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, pour oil into bottom of pan and place steak in hot oil. Sear 5-6 minutes on each side until golden-brown and steak is medium-rare (or done to your temp of desire) Let steak rest 5 minutes on a cutting board and then thinly slice across the grain. Arrange on top of salad.
- Make the dressing: In a food processor, all ingredients until dressing is completely smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve dressing with steak salad and enjoy!
More killer salads! Try this apple salad next time.