Smothered in a sweet ‘n’ spicy chipotle maple bbq sauce and unbelievably tender, these crockpot bbq chicken sandwiches are the ultimately easy comfort food!
Pretty sure I’m never gonna look at a bbq chicken sandwich the same way ever again.
And obviously if I can help it, I’m never gonna be eating it any other way again either.
Seriously guys, as far as ultimate bbq chicken goes, we’ve all just hit the literal jackpot. I can honestly say, this is my new preferred way/possibly the only way to make bbq.
Eat-it-straight-outta-the-crockpot-kinda-good I’m talking…seriously.
The sauce for this chicken doesn’t start with a bottled bbq sauce base. We’re doing it ALL the way from scratch and it’s seriously so easy you won’t even believe it.
Tomato sauce, ketchup, a little sugar, vinegar, and a pinch of spices are the base and then for a little kick of flavor I throw in minced chipotle in adobo sauce and maple syrup.
Pour it all over your chicken, set that crockpot on low, and then you can literally forget about it for hours. Or until the smell reminds you that you’ve got very good food times coming.
The chicken will be SO tender, you’ll easily be able to pull it apart with two forks. Try not to um, use those two forks for their designated job if you know what I mean.
Save that business for the buns if you can help it. Piling it sky-high with bbq chicken gold goes without saying. ♥
<span></span>Crockpot Chipotle Maple BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts</span>
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- <span></span>2 tablespoons minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Buns for serving
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Place chicken in the bottom of a 3-qt slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk sauce, ketchup, maple syrup, sugar, vinegar, chipotle, paprika, and garlic powder until smooth. Pour over chicken.</span>
- <span></span>Cook chicken on low 5-6 hours or until chicken is very tender. Remove chicken from crockpot to a cutting board and use two forks to shred chicken. Return to crockpot and let cook on low 1 additional hour. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm with buns. Enjoy!
Need more game-day eats? Try these killer tacos!!