These loaded cookie bars are a peanut butter and jelly lover’s dream! An oatmeal streusel topping and tons of glaze drizzled on top make them so fun and kid-friendly.
So something pretty great is happening this glorious Friday, friends. It’s called PBJ in cookie bars form. With streusel. And easily enough glaze to swim in.
And I’m about THIS close to just breaking down and having one for breakfast.
Since it’s Friday I probably can? Probably. Maybe 5?
Actually it’s a solid yes to 5. Don’t even think about consuming any less than that.
So here’s what we’re doing to make the cookie bars of your dreams soon become a reality, y’all. It’s quick and fast, because hey, it’s Friday and I don’t know about you but baking usually takes a back burner on Fridays to make way for the chill time.
It’s always better though if that said chill time includes some sweets right? Always.
Firstly, it’s crust time! It’s a standard peanut butter cookie crust that ALSO doubles as the topping. Strawberry jam goes in the middle, oats get mixed into a reserved 1 cup of the crust to make things crumbly. Smash it all together in one pan and you’re ready for the oven. It’s as basic as that.
Glaze is basic too but it always makes everything better right? Yes.
You know what else makes these bars better? A latte with your multiple helpings of pbj cookie bars. I mean, technicaaaaaaaaally, you should probably consume these with milk nearby, but I traded in my milk for coffee when I was like 12 and never looked back.
Also, at this point in time…I’ve lost count of how many PBJ cookie bars I’ve consumed/have yet to consumed. No worries.
Glazed Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9 in square baking pan with tin foil and lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, best butter and sugar until creamy. Best in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and bear until dough forms. Reserve 1 cup of dough and press remaining dough in prepared pan. Spread jam over dough.
- Combine remaining dough with oats until crumbly. Sprinkle over jam. Bake bars at 350F 20-25 minutes until jam is bubbly and topping is golden. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Whisk all Glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooked bars and let stand 10 min. Cut bars into squares and enjoy!