These lightened-up banana chocolate chunk scones are unbelievably flaky and moist thanks to greek yogurt and they’re so amazing with your morning coffee!
So clearly I’m kinda a scone person. Did my overflowing scone archives give you any clue?
Clearly every new scone recipe I share is my new favorite. And today’s banana chocolate chunk scones are definitely not an exception.
The I-wanna-eat-them-all-right-here-and-now mindset is definitely kicking in though, I will say that.
Don’t send help? Kthanks.
Ready for your latest scone addiction to add to the gotta-have list? It’s quite honestly the breakfast bomb. My coffee confirms that it’s the best sidekick yet.
Yes…I’m the cliche eats-a-scone-or-5-with-her-coffee-person. Don’t hate me.
Just…eat tons of banana chocolate chunk scones with me so you’ll understand? Cool.
And honestly, you CAN eat tons and I’d highly encourage it. Greek yogurt keeps these scones on the SUPER-light side but the flavor and flaky goodness is definitely still there.
Along with bazillions of chocolate chunks. Like literally.
You’re like literally gonna eat all of these but this is a problem…how? ♥
Greek Yogurt Banana Chocolate Chunk Scones
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed into 1/2-in pieces
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Mix in yogurt, egg, banana, cream, and vanilla until a shaggy dough forms. Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead several times until dough comes together. Pat dough into a 1-in thick round. Cut the round into 8 wedges and place wedges on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake scones at 425F 13-15 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!