Almond butter makes these chocolate chip pancakes SO extra fluffy, you won’t be able to resist devouring an entire stack! The batter mixes up in only minutes for a quick weekday breakfast.
I’m gonna go ahead and rename these almond butter chocolate chip pancakes the following >>> fluffiest-possible little piles of pancake heaven.
I prefer accurate names for my food and that one is definitely the most accurate.
So these are quite obviously the chocolate chip pancakes to end all pancakes, guys. For the most obvious of reasons like they are SO thick and fluffy it’s ridiculous. They mix up in one bowl in minutes flat. And chocolate chips + almond butter = slam dunk in pancake land.
Life would be just about perfect if a stack of these were in front of me at like all the moments of the day.
As with all our pancakes around here, we’re using my standard pancake batter that has tested itself FOOLPROOF time and time again. Like all 2 million times I’ve made it to be exact.
To make these pancakes EXTRA fluffy, I use buttermilk + TWO eggs to compensate for the almond butter. Hello, fluffiest-ever EVER chocolate chip pancakes.
And speaking of which, go heavy on the chocolate chips, would you please? It’s very much needed and required.
You get me cause we all know how things roll around here by now.
Go ahead and drench ’em in the syrup because we came this far so we might as well go all the way.
Which is gonna have to include a pancake face-dive in 3…2…1…
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, almond butter, oil, agave, and buttermilk until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and gently stir until batter is just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4 cupfuls on a hot greased skillet 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping once. Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup. Enjoy!