Drizzled with tons of vanilla glaze and unbelievably flaky, these oatmeal chocolate chip scones are a killer breakfast indulgence with your morning coffee!
This is clearly gonna be a very chocolate-filled/glazed-covered Monday. I mean, would you expect anything less?
I wouldn’t. Which could probably explain the fact as to why these scones are gonna fill every corner of my meals today.
The best tip I could give you is to follow my lead? When in doubt just follow the general direction of scones. #wordstoliveby.
Also. Glaze and chocolate. It’s generally always a good path to follow.
But don’t worry cause I made sure to pack some healthy-ish stuff into these scones too. Um, who could NOT be down for an oatmeal/chocolate-packed scone?? The oats honestly give these scones the most amazing texture and yet at the same time don’t make them dry either.
Either way, you KNOW coffee goes perfectly with oatmeal chocolate chip scones, but I’d always prefer a flaky scone, please and thanks.
Double batches and triple batches might be a good idea because honestly, guys, these scones go and they go FAST.
Most of them will disappear right off the baking sheet by means of yourself and ZERO self control, FYI. I’m positive that’s not just a Sarah thing.
FYI, these are pretty much the bomb.com and they’re making my pre-finals Monday considerably better.
Strongly considering making ’em a Tuesday thing too. Don’t judge.
Glazed Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons half and half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Mix in egg and cream until a shaggy dough forms. Mix in chocolate chips
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead several times until dough comes together. Pat dough into a 1-in thick round. Cut the round into 8 wedges and place wedges on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake scones at 425F 13-15 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over scones and enjoy!