Loaded with sausage, flavorful roasted broccoli and tons of lemon and Parmesan cheese, this 20-minute penne skillet is going to quickly become a dinner regular it’s so easy and so good!
We do a lot of pasta skillets around here, guys. And I’ve recently decided that I love them all completely equal amounts.
Obviously to come to that conclusion I had to eat a lot of pasta. For which I was TOTALLY up to the task btw.
Shouldn’t be too surprising, but it’s the simple stuff that makes a dinner popular in my house. And this penne skillet is clearly fitting the bill nicely.
It’s fitting that entire skillet and managing to fit rather nicely in my everyday dinner life too.
So completely offtopic, but today is kinda bittersweet. My final, last-est-EVER day of culinary school. Somehow these last two years completely BLEW by and graduation is quickly approaching. Saturday in fact. MORE details to come in a few weeks when I publish my last-ever culinary blog post! Since I’m sure many of you are wondering what’s next for me.
Stay tuned and I’m definitely going to stay relaxed knowing that it’s basically summer and I’m finaaaaaally done with those finals.
Now about this penne skillet. It’s most definitely one to add to your summer stash of easy dinner recipes. As far back as I can remember summer dinners in my family were almost ALWAYS extremely rushed and fast because of all the summer activities always going on.
THIS is one of those dinners that needs to happen on those nights. It’s fast, healthy, loaded with flavor, and picky-eaters-foolproof! You’ll find all the dinner necessities including veggies, sausage, carbs, and a mountain of Parmesan cheese which, trust me, is DEFINITELY a necessity.
It’s probably also a necessity that you make this penne skillet tonight? Let’s go with that.
Sausage Roasted Broccoli Lemon Penne Skillet
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sausage links sliced
- 1 lb cooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- On a medium baking sheet, toss broccoli with butter, garlic, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast broccoli at 400F 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine sausage, penne, and lemon juice. Stir occasionally until heated through. Add roasted broccoli to skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle Parmesan and parsley on top and serve penne warm. Enjoy!