Piled high with fluffy rice, zippy chipotle lime chicken, creamy avocado crema, and all the burrito fixins’, these flavor-packed burrito bowls are going to quickly become an easy weeknight dinner favorite!
Dinner all week has been quite obviously decided, guys. It’s burrito bowls. Probably dinner and lunch too.
I’m probably not exaggerating when I say that these burrito bowls literally fit the bill anytime and all the time. ♥
Oh man. Can I even describe how much lazy dinner food like THAT up there ^^^ is basically the best thing ever? Food that certainly doesn’t look lazy but it honestly IS and those 30 minutes of prep time from start to finish just don’t lie.
Also. The avocado crema drizzled into every burrito bowl crevice is the real reason we’re here. ??
Okay, I lied. The first and foremost reason these bowls came to be is because of Just BARE Chicken. I partnered up with them today to show you how completely amazing Just BARE Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are when you’re looking for the healthiest way to get your protein from a natural chicken product.
Raised with ZERO antibiotics ever and free range as well, you can definitely notice the difference in the taste of this chicken and the possibilities are endless as far as the healthy meals you can make with it! Endless, but obviously we prefer burrito bowls, yes? ♥
No flavorless chicken allowed here! I dice up my chicken breasts and pan-fry them in olive oil with garlic and chipotle for a little zing of heat. Lime juice squeezed on top after the chicken is done cooking makes it SO flavorful!
Then comes the most fun part. Building the humanely tallest possible burrito bowl ever.
Hot cooked rice + chipotle lime chicken + lettuce, tomatoes, beans, etc + avocado crema drizzled on top + a hefty sprinkling of cilantro…
They’re obviously very loaded down with the good stuff, guys. And that is definitely no accident. ♥
Chipotle Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls with Avocado Crema
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 package Just BARE Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1/2-in pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Make the chicken: Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil until shimmery. Add chicken, garlic, and chipotle to pan and stir chicken occasionally until golden and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Pour lime juice into pan and season chicken again with salt and pepper. Keep chicken warm.
- Make the crema: In a food processor, combine all avocado crema ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the bowls: Place rice in the bottom of 5 serving bowls. Top with cooked chicken, lettuce, beans, and tomato. Drizzle top with avocado crema and top each bowl with minced cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
To find tons of delicious recipes, nutrition information and general cooking and safe handling tips, visit Just BARE Chicken and be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.