These mini-sized peach hand pies are packed full of juicy fresh peach filling and you won’t BELIEVE how easy they are to throw together at a moment’s notice!—Kids will demolish these hand pies!
Or adults will demolish these with little regard to the fact that these hand pies are technically kid food.
Technically all kid food needs taste testing first? That’s what I heard anyways…
Seriously the peaches are SO good right now and they are obviously being thrown into all the things I can find. Peach hand pies fall under the category of “all the things” today.
It might be bumped up to every day FYI. These are proving themselves impossible to stop gorging ones self on.
Aren’t they freaking ADORABLE? They’re so tiny, fit perfectly in the palm of your hand, and even more so in your face. Obviously.
The peach filling is honestly the best part. I use fresh peaches and it seriously takes the flavors up WAY a notch. The filling also pre-cooks on the stove, so the actual bake time of the hand pies is super quick.
From there it’s just pie pastry cut into little circles. >> filling wrapped up inside >> egg wash ’em, slit the tops, and bake ’em til golden and the filling is bubbly.
Or until you can’t take the good smells anymore and must devour. << that’s usually me.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or snack is not out of the realm of appropriate times to devour these pretty hand pies just FYI.
Kid food for life, y’all. ♥
Glazed Summer Peach Hand Pies
- 3 cups diced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pie pastry for two single-crust pie
- 1 egg white beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Make the hand pies: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine peaches, water, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, then remove 2 tablespoons liquid and whisk with cornstarch. Return back to pan and stir peaches occasionally until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Use a 6-in biscuit cutter to cut pie pastry into circles. Place 2-3 tablespoons peach filling on half of circle and fold over to create a half-moon shape. Pinch edges and brush with egg white mixture. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets and make three slashes on top of pastry. Repeat with remaining filling and pie pastry.
- Bake hand pies at 400F 12-15 minutes or until golden and filling is bubbly. Cool hand pies on cooling racks. Enjoy!