Grilled salmon and juicy heirloom tomatoes are covered in an INSANELY flavorful avocado chimichurri sauce for an easy, healthy, and flavor-packed summer dinner!
Nothing’s beating those end-of-summer dinners right now, guys. Grilled salmon with THE most gorgeous heirloom tomatoes is making certain of that. Also chimichurri sauce but that’s probably obvious.
The fact that I’m still grilling 24/7 into the last days of August is pretty much the norm, btw.
Pumpkin and apples and other such fall things aren’t hitting the blog until next week, so this week is clearly still alllllllll about the summer things.
Exhibit A >>> the only way I’m eating salmon from now til forever.
Honestly, this is the EASIEST way to make salmon a fun dinner experience. Salmon fillets are simply seasoned with salt and pepper, thrown on the grill for a few minutes, a few thick-sliced heirloom tomatoes join the party and that’s it for Part 1.
Part 2 is obviously all about the green stuff. And that would be mine/all of our new obsession, avocado chimichurri sauce. Wth. ??
Put that heaven all over your salmon and tomatoes, then put any remaining sauce on a spoon and directly into your face.
Ugh, summer staaaaaaaaaay. ???
This grilled salmon is honestly gonna blow your mind. I’m tellin’ you, it’s the avocado chimichurri that MAKES it.
Last unofficial week of summah, guys. Let’s eat.
Grilled Salmon + Heirloom Tomatoes with Avocado Chimichurri Sauce
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced and dried on paper towels
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado pitted and diced
- Pat salmon fillets dry and rub with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Rub remaining olive oil over sliced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill salmon and tomatoes over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes per side for salmon and until tomatoes are slightly charred and soft. Keep salmon and tomatoes warm.
- Make the chimichurri sauce: In a food processor, blend parsley, basil, lime juice, garlic, and olive oil until smooth. Pulse in avocado until sauce is slightly chunky. Season chimichurri sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon and tomatoes warm with chimichurri sauce on top. Enjoy!