The EASIEST and most mess-free way to do weeknight chicken and potatoes! This skillet roasted chicken bakes in a flavorful lemon herb sauce and is quickly gonna become a weeknight staple!
Easy + ridiculously good dinners are clearly in full swing this week, y’all. Aka, Monday, today, and more next week.
You might say the fall food prep is coming into full swing too, but we’ll talk more about that next week during the official first week of fall-any-and-all-the-things.
Today we should probably discuss your new chicken weeknight dinner crush. Spoiler alert: there’s adorable little fingerling potatoes thrown into the mix too. Gahh.
Also, see exhibit C known as butter lemon herb sauce. The flavor game-changer and the reason we’re all about to become dinner obsessed.
So this skillet roasted chicken and potatoes legit just about makes itself. THREE steps, count ’em. >>>
- Season and sear the chicken breasts on both sides.
- In the drippings leftover in the pan we’re gonna make our killer sauce.
- Nestle some pretty fingerling potatoes into the sauce and arrange the chicken breasts in the gaps. Bake and devour, the enddddddd.
In true hangry fashion, you might consider just eating these killer chicken and potatoes straight from the skillet. <<< tips from a seasoned pro?
Yes, you get me. ??
Skillet Roasted Chicken + Fingerling Potatoes with Lemon Herb Sauce
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes halved
- Season both sides of chicken cutlets with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil and stir until melted.
- Place seasoned chicken in hot butter and sear 2 minutes on each side until chicken is golden-brown. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In remaining butter mixture, saute garlic until fragrant. Add lemon juice, zest, parsley, and oregano to pan and stir occasionally until sauce is simmering. Remove from heat.
- Arrange seared chicken and fingerling potatoes in pan and season with additional salt and pepper. Bake chicken and potatoes at 400F 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken registers 165F. Serve warm and enjoy!