This glazed apple pie pound cake is SUPER soft inside, loaded with tons of tender apples and spices, and drizzled with lots of vanilla glaze. — your new favorite fall cake!
Say hey to your new fall addiction. No worries, it’s the GOOD kind of addiction and it’s all wrapped up in a pretty apple pie pound cake package.
Brb, hiding all the leftovers from myself so I’m not tempted.
Gah. Fall is definitely on and don’t anyone try to stop me now.
It’d be better if you joined me because those apple pie pound cakes aren’t gonna eat themselves. Fortunately. ??
Pound cakes are the easy of the peasy, guys! All this little beauty has packed inside is as follow. >>>
- Butter, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, spices, salt, baking powder, flour, milk, apples. Done!
- Glaze. That’s clearly what you see on top and there’s no shortage of it because we prefer to do cakes the right way around here.
Once you cut into the beauty, those slices are just gonna do pretty much a disappearing act.
Seriously. Fall in the PRETTIEST cake, guys!! >> you know whatcha gotta do.
Glazed Apple Pie Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups finely diced and peeled apples
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons half-and-half
Make the cake: Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until completely smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in milk, flour, baking powder, salt, and spices until smooth. Fold in apples.
Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake pound cake at 350F 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests done. Let cake cool in pan 20 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth and pouring consistency.
Drizzle glaze over cooled pound cake and let set 10 minutes. Slice pound cake and enjoy!