This flavor-packed chicken pasta alfredo is loaded with tender chicken, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes for the ultimate one-pot weeknight pasta dinner!
I don’t know about you, but my eyes have never seen a prettier Monday night dinner sight. ???
And yes, my eyes and your eyes probably look something exactly like that. ^^^
Also, I’m gonna scream it to the world that one pot pasta is like the best thing since pumpkin spice lattes in the form of bread pudding (shameless fall plug–sorry)
Not sorry for the fact that I have tons and I mean TONS of this leftover one-pot chicken alfredo currently in my fridge. It’s lunch and dinner for the forseeable future, guys.
Okay, so chicken pasta alfredo taken waaaaaaay up a notch in flavors and in ease, y’all.
First off, I’ve bragged enough on the fact that it’s made in one pot, yes? So there’s that. Then there’s the fact of flavorful sun-dried tomatoes, juicy chicken, tons of pretty spinach…all sitting in pretty much the creamiest alfredo sauce EVER along with oodles of rigatoni.
Soooooo…our new dinner crush is real, yes? Like everything about this is crush-worthy and I’m here to tell you…
…YOU WANT THIS. ♥
Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Chicken Pasta Alfredo
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion, garlic, and chicken in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour. Slowly stir in milk until smooth. Add half-and-half, chicken broth, and pasta.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir pasta occasionally until liquid is mostly evaporated and pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, tomatoes, and spinach. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
You just took one of my favorite pasta and made it even better! What a fun way to jazz up alfredo! You had me at sun-dried tomatoes. This sounds so warm and cozy and just perfect for fall!
Melody Bryan says
do you use whole milk or 2% acceptable since you are also adding 1/2 and 1/2? we don’t typically keep whole milk in the house. Love your blog – this one looks awesome ! I’m with you – fall is my favorite time for cooking especially soups, stews and crock pot meals.
Keep rocking – Mel
2% is what I used, Melody! Please let me know how this alfredo turns out if you try it!
I love the combination of spinach and sun-dried tomatoes! they sound so good in this pasta!
Bonnie @ Tastykitchenn says
This pasta recipe looks stunning! My son loves spinach pasta, definitely gonna give this a try soon.
just made this for dinner tonight. omg this is amazing.
Yay! So happy to hear that. 🙂