White chocolate, oatmeal, and apples are a trio made in heaven in these streusel-covered cookie bars! So easy to make and you won’t be able to stop eating them!
Can I tell you a secret? The trick to an obviously already-amazing Friday to get even better involves cookie bars.
Oodles of cookie bars with the following things: oatmeal cookie crust, sweet apple filling, streusel on top and piles of white chocolate. Commence swooning obviously.
I’m also just gonna put it out there that you probably shouldn’t make these bars if you live alone like I do, guys. Not unless you feel inclined to binge-eat an entire pan of them by yourself.
No, I didn’t do that btw. Thankfully I had the great idea to hand-deliver these to Jason which resulted in him and his buddies promptly eating nearly all of them. << I’m that dorky baker girlfriend, yeah I know. ?? But hey no complaints from anyone eveeeeeeer about it.
Suffice to say, You.Must.Make.These. Let’s get on that?
First up is the oatmeal cookie crust. It’s yo basic easy, pat-in-the-pan, flour, butter, sugar, etc cookie crust and it’s so dang good. I prefer to pre-bake my crust just so these bars hold up their structure a little better.
Secondly is apple filling. Again, SO freaking easy and that goes right on top of the pre-baked crust.
Thirdly…surprise! Our streusel topping is one and the same as the crust. Just reserve a little bit of the crust for topping and that goes right on top of the apples. White chocolate then crowns the whole beauty quite nicely.
The smells that will fill your kitchen whilst these killer cookies bars bake might honestly destroy you, fair warning.
Suffice to say, biting into one of these is like biting into the best possible piece of fall. Oh heck yes, let’s have another half a pan. ???
White Chocolate Oatmeal Apple Cookie Bars
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- Make the bars: In a large bowl, combine all bar ingredients until crumbly. Set aside 1/3 of crumb mixture and gently pat remaining crumbs in the bottom of prepared pan.Bake crust at 375F 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a small bowl, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch and then spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs and white chocolate chips on top.
- Bake bars at 375F 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Once bars are cooled, use the foil to remove bars from pan. Cut into squares and enjoy!