Packed with juicy chicken, tons of veggies and chickpeas, and cozy Moroccan spices, this one-pot Moroccan chicken chickpea soup is going to quickly become a dinner regular!
I’m convinced that I could basically live on soups like this, you guys. All fall/winter long.
Can I get an AMEN for all the cozy food? It’s about dang time we had a killer soup and Moroccan chicken chickpea soup is obviously more than stepping up to the task.
Honest-to-goodness truth is that I am making plans to eat this killer soup every day this week to make up for the lack of cozy food in my life up until now. Don’t judge me.
This is your average easy-dinner-lover’s PARADISE, you guys! One-pot is clearly our forever theme around here and I don’t think any of us hate that.
Not to mention that this moroccan chicken chickpea soup is seriously SO good for you but doesn’t taste like it at all. It’s packed with oodles of veggies, chickpeas, juicy chicken, and the broth is killer flavorful.
The veggies and chicken get cooked in the pot first and then everything else gets thrown into the same pot. You’re welcome for the lack of dishes you will be doing tonight!!
Seriously, your week needs some cozy food like this yesterday. Make a double batch for the freezer if you’re feeling overachieving!!
Or…send me that extra batch? Also a good plan. ♥
One-Pot Moroccan Chicken Chickpea Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 medium carrots medium-diced
- 2 stalks celery medium-diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts medium-diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground curry
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can 15 oz chickpeas, drained
- 1 can 15 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or medium pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Saute onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and chicken until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium and add spices and tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes, then add chickpeas, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring soup to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and let simmer covered 20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, and salt and pepper to taste into soup. Serve hot and enjoy!