These fluffy buttermilk drop biscuits collide sweet honey with spicy jalapeno pepper and the result is one KILLER biscuit that you will find yourself eating straight outta the oven!
I would like to make a formal announcement that these buttermilk drop biscuits are now making up roughly about 93% of my meals right now.
Is there any other logical way to deal with biscuits this ridiculous? Obviously not.
Can I just say for the record that sweet + heat flavors all wrapped up in a fluffy, buttery biscuit is pretty much the sweetest deal you could ever ask for?
Trust my knowledge on this one, guys, because I sure as heck ate my fair share of these beauties. ??
Okay, so buttermilk drop biscuits are the EPITOME of ease when it comes to the biscuit game, y’all. There’s only one bowl involved, no rolling out of dough, and basically no making a huge mess. >>> major wins and majorly good biscuits to boot.
Grab ‘yo basic biscuit ingredients such as flour, butter, baking powder, etc and mix it all up. Then came honey + jalapeno which I’m pretty sure = some form of perfect heaven.
Crack these beauties open PIPING hot from the oven and it’s necessary at this point that you shove butter and honey all over every nook and cranny inside.
^^^ that is the only correct way to chow down on these, FYI.
Honey Jalapeno Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 medium jalapeno finely minced
- Butter and additional honey for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and honey. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until butter is in pea-sized clumps. Add buttermilk and minced jalapeno and gently stir until a shaggy ball of dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface and gently knead several times until dough forms a smooth ball. Roll dough out to 1-in thickness and cut out biscuits using a 2-in biscuit cutter. Place biscuits 1-in apart upside-down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits at 425F 11-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve biscuits warm with butter and additional honey. Enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Oh these biscuits look amazing! I love making drop biscuits, and I’ve got to try this flavor! I love the honey and jalapeno combo, Sarah!
Super love these biscuits. It’s unique and so delicious. Can’t wait to make another batch. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Can you substitute regular flour in place of the whole wheat for the same amount?
Yes, that would work just fine, Brittany!