Sweet ‘n’ spiced caramelized apples piled high on top of cream cheese and crisp french bread is a match made in HEAVEN in this gorgeous cream cheese bruschetta!
I’ve officially lumped bruschetta into the category of breakfast as of this past weekend, guys. The regrets range between 0 and 0.
Also, I say breakfast quite loosely because we all know breakfast can mean anytime of the day. *furious winks*
THIS CREAM CHEESE BRUSCHETTA, THO. My gosh, you guys the level of fall is at an all-time high today. <<< is there anything in the world I won’t shove caramelized apples onto?
Just a disclosure…I’m gonna be eating caramelized apple cream cheese bruschetta for the rest of all the days.
The best part about this bruschetta? It serves double duty as a TOTALLY impressive fall party appetizer or at the same time a lazy Wednesday-evening snack attack.
Prep steps are SO easy, don’t blink or you’ll miss ’em >>
- Toast up a bunch of French bread and slather ’em with cream cheese.
- Caramelize up a huge mess of apples in butter, sugar, spices, pecans, and all those other things we love.
- Pile it all on your bread slices. No, seriously jam as much as you can onto each little slice until they’re collapsing under caramelized apple weight.
You will want to eat this all day, guys. And probably every day and honestly, I would encourage it.
And I will probably join you with little arm twisting needed? It’s very possible. ???
Caramelized Apple Cream Cheese Bruschetta
- 4 medium apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum optional
- 8 slices french bread toasted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute apples in butter, sugar, and cinnamon, stirring occasionally until apples are softened and sauce is bubbly, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rum if using.
- Arrange toasted french bread on a serving plate and spread softened cream cheese on slices. Top with caramelized apples and toasted pecans. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This looks amazing
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I definitely think this bruschetta falls into the breakfast category. Such a great idea, Sarah! Caramelized apples are my favorite, so I can only imagine how delicious this must be!
ASHLEY - THE RECIPE REBEL says
I am 100% on board with breakfast bruschetta! LOVE the caramelized apples and cream cheese combo — it looks amazing!
Izzy @ She Likes Food says
I love the idea of bruschetta for breakfast!! Especially when it’s topped with apples and cheese! This looks amazing! 🙂
I’m preeeeettty sure I need more non-savory bruschetta in my life! This sounds sooo good! And how perfect for fall!?
Love the idea! Perfect for breakfast or an appetizer ! Need to try it!
Just my favorite kind of party appetizer. What an incredibly beautiful and delicious bruschetta!!
Awesome recipe! I will make it for my sister on her birthday.