All the things you love about cinnamon rolls collide in this SUPER-easy and crowd-pleasing banana cinnamon roll bread pudding! So good you’ll be eating it straight out of the pan.
Seriously. I feel as though stuff like this just shouldn’t even be allowed near me. The self-control problems are VERY real today, guys.
Cause real-deal ADDICTING AND UTTERLY RIDICULOUS cinnamon roll bread pudding is in the house.
It’s 1000% necessary I use lots of caps throughout today’s post because this stuff is insane, y’all. We’ve got a major Friday vibe around here right now.
Also, this cinnamon roll bread pudding is officially hired as breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert for roughly the next 209823 years. Peace out, guys.
SO. I’ve been on a bread pudding kick the past few months. Last month we did pumpkin spice latte bread pudding and ever since then I’ve been obsessed and brainstorming all the new ways I can get my bread pudding fix.
Today’s masterpiece is as follows: >>> cinnamon roll flavors + bananas + GLAZE and it’s all wrapped up in bread pudding form. Trust me, it is as GOOD of a combo of flavors as it sounds. ♥
So we have just your basic bread pudding of stale French bread, eggs, milk, etc. Then a swirl of cinnamon shoved into every nook and cranny. Sliced bananas thrown into the party. Into the oven for a bit and then glaze ‘er up and call it a day.
This is killer warm from the oven while everything’s all warm and gooey, guys. You will probably eat it all immediately after it departs the oven but don’t worry, cause there’s no shame in that eveeeeeer. ??
Glazed Banana Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups day-old French bread cubes
- 2 medium bananas peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, cream, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in bread cubes then evenly spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Use a spoon to swirl cinnamon-sugar mixture throughout bread pudding. Arrange sliced bananas on top. Bake bread pudding at 350F 30-35 minutes or until custard is set and top is slightly golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm bread pudding and let stand 10 minutes to set. Serve bread pudding warm and enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I think I would lose all self control around this too! Best bread pudding ever, Sarah! I seriously want to reach through my screen and have this for breakfast. I love the cinnamon and banana flavors!
Wow, love everything about this bread pudding! It is the best! Pinning to try it!
I can’t believe how easy it is to make this yummy goodness. My family enjoyed this tremendously. Thank you for sharing this recipe.