You won’t BELIEVE how much flavor is packed into these easy smashed sweet potatoes! They’re so crispy and covered in rich garlic browned butter and tons of flavorful Parmesan cheese.
So I’m gonna make a proposal that we all skip sweet potato casserole this year in favor of these smashed sweet potatoes. Any takers?
Um, me. I’m a taker and while I’m at it I’m going to take all of the browned butter parmesan smashed sweet potatoes and make a run for it, kbye.
Sweet potato diehards, you’ve found your new addiction today. These smashed beauties are NO.FREAKING.JOKE.
(but really, anything with browned butter and parmesan in the same sentence is automatically our grand prize winner)
These are so easy you could honestly make them in your sleep, guys. Ain’t nobody got time to slave over the sides on Thanksgiving when there’s turkeys to worry about. Here’s whatcha do >>>
- Cut up a few sweet potatoes into fat 2-in rounds and roast those.
- Once the sweet potatoes are quite tender SMASH ’em flat and don’t hold any aggression back.
- Top those flatsos with garlicky browned butter + fresh minced rosemary + multiple armfuls of Parmesan. << yes, armfuls are preferable.
- 10 more minutes in the oven and you’ve got your new sweet potato lover.
Oh man, these get so INSANELY crispy, you guys! The browned butter adds so much depth of flavor to these and paired with Parmesan and fresh rosemary? I die. You will die. We’re all dead over smashed sweet potatoes perfection.
I hold no responsible for a sweet potato overdose, y’all. But it’s a legit risk here. ??
Browned Butter Parmesan Smashed Sweet Potatoes
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes ends trimmed and potatoes cut into 2-in circles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring sweet potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain potatoes and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Roast sweet potatoes at 400F 20-25 minutes until potatoes are very tender. Remove from oven and immediately smash potatoes flat with a potato masher. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, brown butter until a deep golden brown. Reduce heat to low and whisk in garlic and rosemary until fragrant.
- Remove butter from heat and drizzle over smashed potatoes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast potatoes an additional 10 minutes at 400F until potatoes are crispy and cheese is melted. Enjoy warm!