A soft sugar cookie crust and silky bourbon-spiked pumpkin filling makes these stunner pumpkin pie bars the ultimate holiday treat for your dessert table!
Dessert starts the Thanksgiving feast off this week, y’all. I’m an avid believer in dessert first and not even ashamed. ??
Also. On today’s particular dessert menu…the thing that is making me turn my back on pie. SUGAR COOKIE BOURBON FREAKING PUMPKIN PIE BARS.
Excuse me while I start the Thanksgiving face-shoving a little bit early, guys.
Also. Our pie game has been pretty much ON POINT this year, hasn’t it? Like, please please feast yo eyes and belly on all the pie that we’ve been enjoying so far this fall.
First and foremost, we MUST talk about those layers. ♥♥
- Sugar cookie crust. It all started here and honestly life became perfect immediately following.
- Pumpkin BOURBON pie filling. The bourbon is not overpowering in the least and just adds a subtle little kick of flavor. You can leave it out if you want, but I highly recommend it!
The layers aren’t hard at all to make!! You can even make the sugar cookie dough way ahead of time and just refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. The filling whips up in moments and then these beauties bake up in NO time at all.
Make sure you let them cool fully, because they will slice like a freaking DREAM when you do!
Dreams always get better when whipped cream joins the pumpkin pie bars party, yes? Oh heck, yes it’s dessert o’clock, guys. ??
Sugar Cookie Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until completely creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat flour mixture into liquid until a soft dough forms.
- Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a parchment paper-lined 9x13 baking dish. Prick dough all over with a fork. Bake crust at 350F 20 minutes or until just slightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs pumpkin pies spice, salt, cornstarch, vanilla, milk, and bourbon until smooth. Pour pumpkin filling into pre-baked crust.
- Bake pan pie at 350F 25-30 minutes or until filling is firm and a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool pumpkin pan pie completely before cutting into squares and serving with whipped cream. Enjoy!