Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies are filled with chocolate and drizzled with tons of homemade caramel! These peanut butter caramel chocolate thumbprints are a cookie tray must.
I really do prefer a cookie that just has it all, friends. Why go minimal in cookie land like…ever???
I’m not gonna make a habit to start now. Thus…peanut butter caramel chocolate thumbprints. The biggest mouthful ever literally and metaphorically. I don’t hate it. ?
So the best of like three different realms of cookie worlds really are colliding today, y’all. We have peanut butter cookies meet chocolate thumbprints meet homemade caramel and this meeting is nothing less than a VERY BIG FREAKING DEAL.
Be still my over-the-top-cookie-lovin beating heart, pleaaaaaase. ?
Okay, so even though these cookies have a lot of components packed inside of ’em, they are NOT a pain in the butt to make, I promise!
Step 1: Peanut butter cookie dough! It’s easy, fast, no chilling required and you get an excuse to make little indents with your thumb into dough balls. SCORE.
Step 2. Chocolate filling. It’s just melted chocolate and no shortage of it.
Step 3. Homemade caramel! I’m an avid lover of homemade caramel just because it’s so easy and honestly the best all-around. Drizzle these beauties to within an inch of their cookie lives.
Make sure you devour them well past an inch of their cookie lives though, please. You will have every excuse to clearly.
Over-the-top cookies don’t come around every day, you know. *furious winks*
Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Thumbprints
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until completely creamy. Beat in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-in balls and place 1-in apart on prepared baking sheets. Use your thumb to indent the center of each ball. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Cool cookies on pan 10 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Fill cookie centers with melted chocolate and set aside.
- Make the caramel: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar and agave and bring caramel to a boil until a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in salt and cream.
- Immediately drizzle caramel over cookies and let cookies stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!