Flavorful browned butter and tons of caramelized mushrooms and kale transform rigatoni pasta into a no-fuss and MASSIVELY flavor-packed dinner side!
It’s busy season! That means easy dinners are a must. It’s also cookie season. Shall we throw some healthy in there to balance everything out just about perfectly?
Eh, there’s also carbs, butter, and cheese but it’s all cool.
Isn’t this just the most GORGEOUS skilletful of pasta goodness your eyeballs ever did see? I’m all over that caramelized mushroom + kale business going on. ♥
Also currently contemplating all the excuses I have to eat this for breakfast? You know it.
Friends! This browned butter rigatoni is obviously all about the indulgence but in a healthy-ish-ish kinda way. I emphasize the “ish” but also strongly encourage you to focus on the pretty veggies taking up a huge portion here.
Basically mushrooms and kale take a little ride in the skillet to caramelized-city. Then we brown up some butter, throw a mess of rigatoni in the pan and top this wild party with a healthy mountain of Parmesan.
It’s so EASY and so packed with flavor for how quickly it comes together! I timed 20 minutes and then I had a skillet of pasta wonder sitting before me. ??
*cough cough* sitting before me for like 2 seconds maybe? Guilty.
Browned Butter Rigatoni with Caramelized Mushrooms + Kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh kale leaves
- 1 small shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 oz hot cooked rigatoni pasta 1/4 cup pasta cooking water reserved
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Add mushrooms, kale, shallot, and garlic to pan and saute several minutes, stirring occasionally until kale is wilted and mushrooms are tender. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and keep warm.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally until butter is browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add veggies back to pan with rigatoni, 1/4 cup pasta cooking water, Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve rigatoni hot and enjoy!
I have such a thing for rigatoni pasta!! haha There’s something about the shape that I just love 🙂 And this pasta looks SO GOOD.
Agness of Run Agness Run says
Such a great dish which I will definitely try, especially after a workout, Sarah. My mouth is watering right now. What kind of mushrooms do you use?
I used button mushrooms, Agness! Let me know if you try this pasta. 🙂
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Easy dinners are definitely a must for me year round, but especially during the holidays. This pasta is calling my name! I love that you used browned butter and mushrooms. I want to dig into this for breakfast!
sepatu cewek says
Hi ,, thanks for the recipe you made. It’s so good and I’ll try it at home soon..
Love this! Was so good, It seems simple but I have a way of messing up the easiest of meals, but this came out great the first time, I look forward to trying out more of your recipes! (:
I’m so glad to hear that, Cari and thanks for letting me know! Enjoy. 🙂
Maya Rhode says
I’ve made this recipe so many times and it is delicious! I love it as is, or with added sausage. I’ve also subbed spinach for kale before and had good results
Love the sound of sausage in this pasta! 🙂 Thanks for sharing, Maya!