Flavorful browned butter and tons of caramelized mushrooms and kale transform rigatoni pasta into a no-fuss and MASSIVELY flavor-packed dinner side!
It’s busy season! That means easy dinners are a must. It’s also cookie season. Shall we throw some healthy in there to balance everything out just about perfectly?
Eh, there’s also carbs, butter, and cheese but it’s all cool.
Isn’t this just the most GORGEOUS skilletful of pasta goodness your eyeballs ever did see? I’m all over that caramelized mushroom + kale business going on. ♥
Also currently contemplating all the excuses I have to eat this for breakfast? You know it.
Friends! This browned butter rigatoni is obviously all about the indulgence but in a healthy-ish-ish kinda way. I emphasize the “ish” but also strongly encourage you to focus on the pretty veggies taking up a huge portion here.
Basically mushrooms and kale take a little ride in the skillet to caramelized-city. Then we brown up some butter, throw a mess of rigatoni in the pan and top this wild party with a healthy mountain of Parmesan.
It’s so EASY and so packed with flavor for how quickly it comes together! I timed 20 minutes and then I had a skillet of pasta wonder sitting before me. ??
*cough cough* sitting before me for like 2 seconds maybe? Guilty.
Browned Butter Rigatoni with Caramelized Mushrooms + Kale
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh kale leaves
- 1 small shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 oz hot cooked rigatoni pasta 1/4 cup pasta cooking water reserved
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Add mushrooms, kale, shallot, and garlic to pan and saute several minutes, stirring occasionally until kale is wilted and mushrooms are tender. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and keep warm.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally until butter is browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add veggies back to pan with rigatoni, 1/4 cup pasta cooking water, Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve rigatoni hot and enjoy!