Packed with tangy cranberries and piled high with walnut streusel, these ultra-soft cranberry lemon walnut crumb muffins are the only holiday muffin you need on your brunch table!
How much do I love a big fat muffin piled with a mountain of crumb topping? Let me count the ways.
Don’t let me count the muffins consumed. It gets ugly, trust me. ??
You guys!! If you make one batch of muffins for brunchin’ this holiday season, pleaaaaaase let it be these cranberry lemon walnut crumb muffins beauties. They fit the quota of FESTIVE quite nicely as appearances would suggest.
You will probably not be fitting into a bikini come January, but eh…we’ll worry about that when the time comes.
Alright, a few quick words about ALL the components wrapped up in these little crumb-covered muffin beauties. >>>
- Lemon cranberry batter. It’s the standard muffin batter I use for ALL my muffin recipes and it’s getting a makeover today in the direction of tons of lemon zest, juice, and tangy fresh cranberries. <<< the softest muffins ever guys, promise.
- Walnut streusel topping. You guys know streusel is what I LIVE for and it’s a rare occasion that you will ever find a muffin recipe on here that doesn’t have streusel shoved into every crevice. The best ever. ♥
Trust me, these gems are just as insanely good as they look. Almost too pretty to eat, but hey, has that EVER stopped us before?
Best when served next to a tall glass ‘o’ eggnog and on repeat for the rest of December. ??
Cranberry Lemon Walnut Crumb Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries halved
Walnut Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line one 12-cup muffin tins with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, agave, greek yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to bowl and gently fold until batter is just combined. Gently fold in cranberries. Fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 full of batter. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over filled muffin tins and gently press to adhere crumbs to batter.
- Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking an additional 13-15 minutes until muffins test done with a toothpick. Cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy muffins warm!