Raspberry cheesecake meets breakfast cookie! These soft and chewy breakfast cookies are jammed full of juicy raspberries and covered in a tangy cream cheese glaze.
Our annual new year breakfast cookie is here, you guys!! P.S. this has been a total accidental theme the past few years. Why break tradition now?
Far be it from me to withhold breakfast cookies ever. I’d prefer to start 2018 off the right way which requires cookies for breakfast.
And while we’re at it, could I please have raspberry cheesecake join the breakfast cookie party as well?
Whoever said that January breakfasts must be boring and healthy clearly never met this killer cookie. He’s a good one to get to know.
The dough for these breakfast cookie beauties is seriously NBD to throw together at a moment’s notice —>
- I keep it nice and healthy with only 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil, mashed banana, greek yogurt, and tons of other healthy goodies. <<< again, this is breakfast after all.
- Throw a mess of raspberries into the dough and I think it’s safe to assume there’s never been a prettier cookie.
- …Until cream cheese glaze joined this wild breakfast cookie party. I invited him to come in FULL FORCE.
These breakfast cookies seriously bake up so tender, soft, and chewy, you WILL be tempted to eat the entire batch and not just for breakfast either.
Pretty cookies for breakfast are winning my Friday right now, guys. You?
Raspberry Cheesecake Breakfast Cookies
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, beat mashed banana, yogurt, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in flour, oats, baking soda, and salt until a dough forms. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Scoop dough into 2-in balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies slightly and bake at 350F 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges (middles will still be soft) Cool cookies on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on high speed until completely creamy, about 1 minute. Slowly beat in enough milk to make a drizzly consistency and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled breakfast cookies and let set 5 minutes. Enjoy!