Everything you love about oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are wrapped up in these healthy and nutrition-packed energy bites! Make them in minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
Cookies in the form of only the healthiest snacks, y’all. I can’t even be any more serious about this. ??
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies —> meet energy bites. Hang out together forever, please.
My love for energy bites runs pretty deep, guys. The energy bites archives around here are solid proof of that. Today marks the day where cookies joined the party. ♥
I mean, adding one great thing to another great thing sounds like a solid snack plan to me.
These are INSANELY easy to throw together. I use a food processor to pulse everything together, but a little elbow grease and a spoon would work too.
- Almond butter (peanut butter would work too) mashed banana, vanilla, and a little agave are the wet ingredients and from there it’s just a pinch of salt and cinnamon, a pile of oats, and flaxseeds and that is IT.
Besides chocolate of course. And who could ever forget that? Scoop ’em, chill ’em, and devour ’em all.
I swear, biting into these is like having a ball of oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough. <<< it’s a pretty sweet deal.
I recommend making double and triple batches of these beauties and HIDING them. Hide them well and eat them all.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Bites
- 1/3 cup creamy almond or peanut butter
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips OR finely chopped chocolate
- In a food processor, pulse almond butter, banana, vanilla, agave, salt, cinnamon, oats, and flaxseeds until a thick dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks.
- Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate energy bites 1 hour until firm and store up to 1 week. Enjoy!