All the things you love about taco salad are piled into these INSANELY flavor-packed taco salad lettuce wraps! They’re ready to go in 20 minutes with only a handful of simple ingredients.
Ummm…taco salad in a lettuce wrap? I realize this seems a little backwards. The idea in my head for these was weird and yet I am a stubborn person and dang it, I just wanted a taco salad lettuce wrap. ??
Basically like a taco. Minus the tortilla or taco shell and utilizing my obsession with butter lettuce leaves. So basically, this is like a deconstructed version of taco salad. And I ain’t hating it.
It’s only been my dinner for like the past 3 nights straight and I still want more soooooo….I might be on to something.
That or I majorly need someone to tell me to eat other things for dinner at least sometime.
So lazy dinners are clearly the name of the game this week and today is NO different. These taco salad lettuce wraps are honestly the easiest thing I could think of to pull off for dinner. Prep is as follows. >>>
- The filling. It all gets made ENTIRELY in one skillet and it’s done in like 10 minutes. Ground beef, onion and jalapeno for a little kick, taco seasoning, kidney beans, sweet corn and that is ALL.
- Pile it as high as physically possible into your pretty butter lettuce leaves. Then I’ll leave the toppings choices up to you, but keep in mind that the taco toppings are 1000% NECESSARY.
Thank me later when you pack up these lettuce wrap beauties for lunch and everyone wants to be your best friend all of a sudden. <<< it can and probably will happen.
Taco salad was just meant to belong in lettuce wraps form, guys. I rest my case forever.
Spicy Beef Taco Salad Lettuce Wraps
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 butter lettuce leaves
- Diced tomato, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream for topping
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, and jalapeno until beef is no longer pink. Add taco seasoning, kidney beans, and sweet corn and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill butter lettuce leaves with taco filling and top with diced tomato, cheese, and sour cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!