Made in under 25 minutes and incredibly flavorful and tender, these instant pot spicy beef and sweet peppers fajitas are so easy and so good, they’ll instantly become a dinner regular!
I think it’s completely appropriate to state that the easiest + current best-est way to do taco night is in the house today, guys.
Pssssst…don’t tell my sheet pan tacos that he just got one-upped in major ways.
I know not everyone is gonna agree with me on this buuuuuut…if it’s got instant pot in the name then we’ve just got an automatic winner winner beef and sweet peppers fajitas-every-dang-night for dinner.
Or lunch. Or breakfast. Or mid-day snack. We’re not partial to fajitas timing around here, guys.
Anywho, it is pretty much required that you make these beef and sweet peppers fajitas, guys. The meat is incredibly tender. It’s SPICY. It’s one and done and ready for yo face-shoving pleasure in under TWENTY FIVE minutes!
- Season up your beef with tons of zingy spices then brown the beef with garlic and onions using the SAUTE setting on your instant pot.
- Beef broth goes into the pot and then let it all cook for about 15 minutes on high pressure.
- Release pressure and throw a few handfuls of sweet pepper goodness into the pot. Lid back on and let those sweet peppers soak up all that spicy beef goodness. *gaaah*
- Then we eat fajitas the RIGHT way which is piled into a huge flour tortilla with a huge array of toppings weighing the whole thing down.
Sooooo the thing here is that these beef and sweet peppers fajitas are just gonna earn themselves a permanent spot for taco night, yes?
Or day. Or morning. Again, taco time is like anytime?
Instant Pot Spicy Beef and Sweet Peppers Fajitas
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 large sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- Warmed tortillas and fajita toppings of your choice for serving
- In a large bowl, toss beef strips with seasonings, onion, and garlic. Heat oil in instant pot using BROWN/SAUTE mode. Add beef mixture to instant pot and saute several minutes until beef is just barely browned.
- Pour beef broth into instant pot and place lid on top. Cook beef at High Pressure 15 minutes, then release steam naturally for about 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir sweet peppers into beef. Lock lid and let stand an additional 5 minutes. Serve beef and peppers warm in tortillas with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!