Flaky melt-in-your-mouth crepes are stuffed with a tangy lemon cream cheese and topped with a fresh blackberry sauce.—these blackberry lemon cream cheese crepes are a brunch must!
Or just like an anytime of the day must if we’re being real here. But of course the brunch thing is highly recommended. Everyday is
brunch crepe day!
And do I even need to spell it out? Blackberry lemon cream cheese crepes. Freaking crepe GOALS, dude.
We’ll just add it as another asset to my staggering crepes collection that for sake of accuracy, should probably just be called an obsession.
We’ve done a LOT of crepes in the past year alone, guys. Obviously I love each new one the most and today’s blackberry lemon-y crepe goodness is no different story.
We’re going to be following my standard crepe recipe that I’ve been using for pretty much forever. It’s NO FAIL and anyone can make it easily, I promise. All that’s left besides crepe batter is lemon cream cheese filling + blackberry topping. We got this.
1. Crepe batter! Milk, water, eggs, sugar, salt, lemon zest, and flour take a whirl in your blender. Once my batter is made, I like to chill it for at least 30-60 minutes so that the crepes cook evenly with no holes.
2. While your batter is chilling, whip up a bunch of lemon cream cheese goodness, macerate (that just means smash berries with sugar) your blackberries and have all that stuff ready to go for crepe time.
3. Which is….now! I go over the crepe-cooking part in detail in the recipe below and it is so much easier than you may think. Once your crepes are all cooked, flaky, and warm it’s time to fill ’em with cream cheese, fold them into cute little quarters and pile blackberry sauce on top.
Also…a heavy snow shower of powdered sugar never hurt anyone.
P.S. You just made the prettiest and most swoon-worthy breakfast ever, friends. You might as well just call yourself a fancy French master of crepe making.
And obviously we’re ALL about to become masters of crepe eating.
Blackberry Lemon Cream Cheese Crepes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- In a blender, blend all crepe ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate batter 1 hour. Once batter is chilled, heat a lightly-greased nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook crepes by 1/3-cupfuls 1-2 minutes on each side until a light golden-brown, flipping once. Keep warm and set aside.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla on high speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, smash blackberries with lemon juice and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes or until berries release their juices.
- To assemble crepes, spread cream cheese filling over half of each crepe and fold into quarters. Serve crepes with blackberry topping spooned on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This looks so delicious! We pretty much have blizzard weather where I live right now and these look perfect to bring in a little springtime sunshine.
Thank you Agatha! <3
Dropping by to say thank you for sharing this. It was absolutely delicious. I have been following quite a number of your recipes and they are awesome. I am such a fan. Thank you for sharing all of these. They are very helpful.
I’m so happy to hear that, Shelia! Thanks for letting me know. 🙂
Karen C. says
Fabulous! The addition of lemon adds just the perfect touch. Strawberries or raspberries would be equally wonderful. Thank you so much for the incredible recipe.