Insanely easy to prep and ready in only 40 minutes, this sheet pan orange chicken with rice and broccoli is packed with tons of citrus-y orange goodness and the ultimate hands-off dinner!
So it’s entirely possible that I’m never making rice the classic, boil-simmer-and-fluff way ever again, guys. Amen for the wonders of the sheet pan. ??
Also, in case you missed the major selling point here…literally EVERY bit of this dinner gets piled on the same sheet pan. My mind is still trying to process how dinner greatness like this is even possible.
Oh, and there’s orange chicken and broccoli somewhere in there amongst all the rice goodness, I promise.
P.S. Let’s take 40 minutes every.dang.night and make this sheet pan orange chicken mmkay? I’m on board if you guys are.
Alright let’s get to the prep! There’s basically just 3 steps standing between you and easiest-EVER sheet pan orange chicken. >>>
- Season your chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper, then give it a quick sear on the stove. Remove the chicken from the pan and it’s SAUCE time.
- The sauce is SUPER quick and super orange-y. Orange marmalade, soy sauce, and vinegar. That’s it! Let it reduce for a few minutes over medium heat, then set it aside.
- Spread uncooked rice in an even layer on a sheet pan and then CAREFULLY pour chicken broth on top of it. Arrange the seared chicken breasts on top and then generously brush orange sauce all over the chicken. Cover the whole pan tightly with foil and then EXTREMELY CAREFULLY slide it into the oven. It’ll bake for about 25 minutes and then we’re gonna take it out briefly to throw broccoli into the mix. Back into the oven for another 15-ish minutes and that’s it! Fluff your rice and go to town. ??
I like to top this sheet pan orange chicken with a handful of green onions cause it’s SO pretty and adds an extra little zip of flavor. Also, I like to eat this chicken as fast as humanely possible because it is RIDICULOUSLY good.
Do yourself a favor and make this a permanent dinner item, friends. ??
Sheet Pan Orange Chicken with Rice + Broccoli
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1 lb)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Rice and Broccoli
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablepoons sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400F. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet and then place chicken in hot pan. Sear chicken 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add orange marmalade, soy sauce, and vinegar to pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
Rice and Broccoli
- Arrange rice in the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan. Carefully pour warmed chicken broth on top of rice, making sure rice is evenly spread in bottom of pan with broth. Place seared chicken on top and brush chicken liberally with orange sauce. Cover pan with foil and bake at 400F 25-30 minutes until most of liquid is evaporated.
- Remove foil from pan and arrange broccoli around chicken and rice. Return pan to oven and continue baking an additional 15-20 minutes until broccoli is tender and rice is fluffy and chicken registers 165F. Fluff rice with a fork and sprinkle green onions on top. Serve chicken, rice, and broccoli hot and enjoy!
Rice on a sheet pan??? I would never have thought to do that Sarah so thank you for enlightening me! I adore orange chicken and love that I can get this meal done in one pan!
It’s seriously dinner magic, I swear! 🙂
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I hate to admit that I often make the frozen kind for dinner, so I’ve got to try this sheet pan version! Looks so good, Sarah! Especially with that broccoli. And so easy too…remembering this!
You definitely need to give this one a try, Gayle! Soooo incredibly easy. 🙂