These dense, fudgy brownie cookies have that signature crackly top and they taste like brownies and cookies all piled into one decadent cookie!
Cause the only thing better than brownies and cookies is when the two join forces into one mastermind chocolate indulgence. ???
Is it a cookie? Is it a brownie? Don’t worry about it, friends. Just eat ’em as fast as humanly possible.
Before you do though, pleaseeeee take a second to swoon over those signature brownie crackly tops. I don’t know about you, but that’s the thing that gets me EVERY time around brownies. Crackly tops are a necessity.
And the beauty of those crackly tops in COOKIE form? Impossibly crispy exterior and moist, fudgy texture inside. <<< yesssssss. ??
So for the most part, these brownie cookies are gonna follow the standard brownie/cookie process. The dough is pretty much just straight-up brownie batter and it is freaking GOOD.
Chilling the batter is kinda a necessity before baking these into cookies so they don’t spread into legit pancakes. I do it myself and highly recommend you do as well. Also, a quick word on baking these cookies. Despite chilling, they’re gonna spread quite a bit as they bake and I would recommend you bake these cookies in SMALL batches, so they have plenty of space on the cookie sheets. Just a tablespoon of brownie batter on the cookie sheet and I wouldn’t bake more than 6 at a time.
As they bake, they’re gonna develop those swoonworthy crackly tops and you may legit die at the killer chocolate smells that are gonna fill your house. Suffice to say, you MUST eat these warm!!! ♥
And sharing them is totally up to your discretion, but honestly it gets a little difficult to wrap your brain around once you bite into ALL DAT fudgy brownie goodness. It’s gonna be a straight-up NOPE.
Trust me. ???
Crackle-Top Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a double-boiler over medium-high heat, or microwave, melt butter and chocolate until completely smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, cooled chocolate mixture, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in flour, cocoa powder, and salt until a smooth batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30-60 minutes until slightly chilled.
- Scoop batter by the tablespoonful and place 3 in apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. (cookies will spread quite a bit while they bake) Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until beginning to crack on top (cookies will still be soft on inside---this is ok) Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!