Cheese-filled tortellini and toasty french bread cubes star in this INSANELY-loaded tortellini panzanella salad! Drizzle it all with a balsamic vinaigrette and you’ve just found your favorite salad.
As promised on Monday…..one freaking awesome, kick-butt salad, y’all.
One salad that basically has everything you could ever possibly want. There’s toasty french bread, there’s CHEESE, there’s pasta with cheese inside it….I clearly rep the healthy salad game on POINT, guys.
Don’t you just love a salad that well, doesn’t exactly TASTE like salad material? A salad that’s seriously so jam-packed with everything under the sun that it doesn’t scream “I’m your fallback boring healthy lunch!!!”
This panzanella tortellini salad knows what’s up. It’s reppin’ what all salads need to look like from here on out.
Salad essentials include the following: —->
- Little toasty cubes of french bread. I like to make BIG cubes because more bread is clearly the only way.
- Cheese-filled tortellini. YES there is both pasta and bread hanging out in this salad. It’s a good day.
- Just cause we need our HEALTHY somewhere…we got tons of fresh tomato wedges, sliced red onion, sweet peppers….and Parm cheese? Hey, we gotta get our dairy in somewhere.
- Last but not least…the one thing that brings everything together is obviously dressing. And a sweet, tangy balsamic honey vinaigrette does that job to perfection.
And holy salad perfection indeed…..
If you’re bringing this salad for a work lunch or a potluck or something, I’d recommend toasting the bread and then storing it in a ziplock bag and tossing it in the salad just before serving. Ditto for the dressing. Assembly JUST before face-shoving is best for this panzanella tortellini salad.
Also…face-shoving is obviously preferred, but you probably guessed as much. ♥
Tortellini Panzanella Salad with Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups French bread, cut into 2-in cubes
- 8 oz cheese-filled tortellini pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 2-in cubes
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium sweet pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lay bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast bread at 400F 8-10 minutes until golden and dried-through. Cool completely.
- In a large serving bowl, combine tortellini pasta, tomatoes, lettuce, sweet pepper, onion, Parmesan, basil, and cooled bread cubes.
Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, and Italian seasoning. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss vinaigrette into panzanella salad until coated. Serve immediately and enjoy!