Juicy peaches and raspberries are topped with a cookie-like almond topping and it’s all baked in your skillet! This raspberry almond peach cobbler is seriously the best summer dessert ever.
Jumping the gun on ALL THE SUMMER EATS a little early this year, guys. I can’t hold back anymore because honestly the best food season is nearly.freaking.here.
And you know that means things like raspberry almond peach cobbler all season long which is obviously very amazing news.
Also, I’m about to make a pretty big claim. And that claim is that this is pretty much the only peach cobbler you ever, EVER need in your life. Jason made me a classic peach cobbler a few months back and I honestly could not even freaking believe how good it was. I kinda-sorta stole his recipe and obviously trashed it up to make it scream Sarah. ??
He didn’t care, FYI. Cause he got the raspberry almond peach cobbler leftovers.
Alright, so what makes this peach cobbler so extraordinarily amazing? I’m about to count the many, MANY ways so get comfy. —>
- The filling combines one of the DREAMIEST fruit pairs ever. Sweet peaches + tangy raspberries were made to live together in cobbler forever.
- Blanketing all that fruit perfection…..honestly the BEST cobbler topping ever. Seriously, I’m in love with this topping, guys. It’s not super biscuit-y, it’s more like a fluffy sugar-cookie topping and it’s KILLER good. I pump up the almond flavor by using extract in the dough and showering the whole thing with sliced almonds.
- Quick word about the whole skillet thing? It’s only strengthens our summer game. I loooooove baking summer stuff in my skillet.
- Oh hey. Turns out all of that above goodness? ^^^ it’s best when heaped in an extra-large bowl, PIPING hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream on top.
Seriously. Summer.freaking.goals. ??
Trust me on this, you will be making this raspberry almond peach cobbler ALL summer long! It’s easy to double for a crowd and DEFINITELY a huge crowd pleaser.
Also a good midnight snack-pleaser in case you were wondering which I know you probably were. ??
Skillet Raspberry Almond Peach Cobbler
Juicy peaches and raspberries are topped with a cookie-like almond topping and it's all baked in your skillet! This raspberry almond peach cobbler is seriously the best summer dessert ever.
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (or thawed frozen peaches)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (or thawed frozen raspberries)
- 3 tablespoons + 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine peaches and raspberries in a greased 9-in cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in extracts and egg until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to liquid mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula until batter is smooth. (batter will be similar to cookie dough)
Spread batter over peach-raspberry mixture in an even layer. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake peach cobbler at 350F 20-25 minutes or until peach-raspberry filling is bubbly and topping is golden-brown. Cool cobbler 10 minutes then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!