Flavorful balsamic and tons of Parmesan cheese take this easy balsamic mushroom Parmesan quinoa skillet over the top! Made entirely in one skillet in only 30 minutes.
In other words…..easy-freaking-PEASY Monday food. With all of the necessary essentials like cheese, quinoa, one freaking skillet, etc.
Simple stuff is Monday-preferred, guys. Especially since this is the FIRST Monday post-finals/it’s officially summer in my neck of the woods/oh yeah, I’m also officially a senior in college now. ??
Yes, there will be chocolate at the end of this week to celebrate that fact. ♥
Until then….it’s EASY comfort food. We all deserve to chill a little bit right? It’s almost SUMMER!
Alright so all things considered, for how insanely EASY this balsamic mushroom Parmesan quinoa is, it sure ain’t lacking in the flavor department. >>>
On deck we have….
- Mushrooms sauteed in olive oil + garlic
- A subtle sweet/tangy balsamic zing of flavor
- Ridiculously fluffy quinoa
- Piles of freshly grated Parmesan. << anything less than that just won’t work.
This balsamic mushroom Parmesan quinoa skillet TOTALLY holds its own for the whole solo dinner thing. Meat so not even needed because honestly? A skillet of this and a fork is all you really need.
Except for maybe a little bowl of extra Parm cheese close by for extra sprinkling? Mondays are better when they’re covered in cheese. ??
Balsamic Mushroom Parmesan Quinoa Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup dried quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to pan and saute 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms and onion are softened. Add balsamic vinegar to mixture and let cook 1 minute longer. Remove mushrooms from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a medium bowl and keep warm. Set aside
- In same skillet, bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer quinoa 15-20 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated and quinoa is fluffy.
- Stir warm mushroom mixture into quinoa and toss to combine. Stir in Parmesan and parsley and season quinoa to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm and enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Hooray for school being done for the summer and for being a SENIOR! Hope you can relax and enjoy a little this summer, friend! This quinoa is definitely the perfect way to celebrate. This is seriously all of my favorites in one…mushrooms, parm, and quinoa. I’ve got to try this deliciousness!
Dishes like this always make me happy! They’re great for dinner, leftovers make a killer lunch and they’re SO easy. Plus I love everything in here so I’m dying to make it!
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
Mmm love anything with balsamic vinegar!! I seriously cannot wait to buy mushrooms and make this…I’m thinking it would be great leftover for easy lunches too!
And congrats on finishing another year of school and round of finals! SO relieving and exciting 🙂
I need this in my life. Weekdays had been crazy for us so, we are always on a look out for fast and easy to do recipes. Thank you for sharing this. Will try this soon.
Very tasty! Easy to prepare. Will make again. Thank you!
Ashley Lovelace says
SO good! I was hesitant to put the onions in but I did and it turned out deliciously!
So glad to hear, Ashley! Thanks for letting me know! 🙂