Flavorful balsamic and tons of Parmesan cheese take this easy balsamic mushroom Parmesan quinoa skillet over the top! Made entirely in one skillet in only 30 minutes.
In other words…..easy-freaking-PEASY Monday food. With all of the necessary essentials like cheese, quinoa, one freaking skillet, etc.
Simple stuff is Monday-preferred, guys. Especially since this is the FIRST Monday post-finals/it’s officially summer in my neck of the woods/oh yeah, I’m also officially a senior in college now. ??
Yes, there will be chocolate at the end of this week to celebrate that fact. ♥
Until then….it’s EASY comfort food. We all deserve to chill a little bit right? It’s almost SUMMER!
Alright so all things considered, for how insanely EASY this balsamic mushroom Parmesan quinoa is, it sure ain’t lacking in the flavor department. >>>
On deck we have….
- Mushrooms sauteed in olive oil + garlic
- A subtle sweet/tangy balsamic zing of flavor
- Ridiculously fluffy quinoa
- Piles of freshly grated Parmesan. << anything less than that just won’t work.
This balsamic mushroom Parmesan quinoa skillet TOTALLY holds its own for the whole solo dinner thing. Meat so not even needed because honestly? A skillet of this and a fork is all you really need.
Except for maybe a little bowl of extra Parm cheese close by for extra sprinkling? Mondays are better when they’re covered in cheese. ??
Balsamic Mushroom Parmesan Quinoa Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup dried quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to pan and saute 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms and onion are softened. Add balsamic vinegar to mixture and let cook 1 minute longer. Remove mushrooms from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a medium bowl and keep warm. Set aside
- In same skillet, bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer quinoa 15-20 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated and quinoa is fluffy.
- Stir warm mushroom mixture into quinoa and toss to combine. Stir in Parmesan and parsley and season quinoa to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm and enjoy!