This seasonal sweet corn zucchini Parmesan risotto is super-creamy and packed with tender zucchini and fresh sweet corn. Made entirely in one skillet in only 30 minutes!
Heeeeeey, we needed a killer risotto for the summer and today is that day it happens!!
Or one of those days I just eat dinner straight outta the pan. Because of the whole “killer amazing” factor.
Pardon my obsession with the best rice dish in the entire world? Risotto will always be my first rice love, no questions asked.
Pile some summer goodness and make it into a sweet corn zucchini Parmesan risotto? Trust me, ZERO twisting of my arm to eat this all dang week.
All over that CREAMINESS combined with sweet corn, tender zucchini, and sharp Parmesan. Also the fact that one skillet is a major deal here.
For those of you new to the risotto game, no sweat! I will admit that it’s a little more hands-on than other rice dishes, but it also comes together in only 30!
Basically we’re just gonna saute our sweet corn and zucchini and set it aside. Brown the arborio rice a little bit and then slowly cook it by adding a little bit of chicken broth at a time until the rice is tender. Toss some Parm cheese and half and half into the rice and throw the veggies back in.
Woohoo, sweet corn zucchini Parmesan risotto all week!!
Seriously, by the skillet-ful, eat this. Do it.
Sweet Corn Zucchini Parmesan Risotto
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 medium zucchini, diced into 1-in cubes
- 3 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed from cob
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute zucchini and corn kernels in butter until just tender, about 7-10 minutes. Remove veggies from skillet and keep warm in separate bowl.
- Add oil to skillet and saute garlic over medium high heat until just fragrant. Add rice, and wine to skillet and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and begin adding hot chicken broth to rice, a little bit at a time, waiting until liquid is evaporated before adding more broth.
- Continue adding broth in small amounts 10-15 minutes until rice is tender and creamy. Stir in half-and-half, sauteed zucchini corn mixture, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and minced parsley. Serve risotto warm and enjoy!