A smoky blackened spice rub coats every inch of these juicy grilled blackened chicken sandwiches and a silky mango avocado salsa is piled high on top for the ultimate summer sandwich!
Basically summer’s best in a sandwich, guys. A freaking blackened chicken sandwich with roughly a Mt. Everest sized mountain of mango avocado salsa. ??
No big deal. Just the only sandwich in the world I’m eating currently.
I’m not always in a burger mood, guys. That’s how these blackened chicken sandwiches were born and it is the best switch-up so far this summer.
FYI, I AM always in the mood for avocado. And mango. You know, cause I’m a human.
Behold my one summer chicken love which is blackened spice rub on all.the.things. It’s smoky, slightly spicy, and BIG on flavors. I don’t go light on rubbing it literally ALL over this chicken. The more flavor the merrier.
Complementing all this smoky perfection is just another form of perfection called mango + avocado salsa <<< a combo which I’m convinced is up there in the top three for me, no lie.
Now imagine all of the above jammed into a big ‘ol bun with a cold one nearby. Uh-huh, this is the makings of a pretty sweet Fourth of July.
Or pre-gaming Fourth of July. Can we make that a thing with these blackened chicken sandwiches?
Probably post-gaming too. For the rest of the summer.
Grilled Blackened Chicken Sandwiches with Mango Avocado Salsa
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sandwich buns, split in half
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings. Pat chicken breasts dry and rub with olive oil. Rub seasoning mixture on both sides of chicken. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 10-15 minutes, turning once until chicken registers 165F. Keep chicken warm and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, mango, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide blackened chicken between buns and top each with salsa. Top with bun tops and serve sandwiches immediately. Enjoy!