Juicy, flavorful cilantro lime grilled steak and all the burrito ‘fixins come together in these loaded grilled steak burrito bowls and it’ll be on the table in only an hour!
This is some serious Monday comfort food going down here, guys.
You mean to tell me that you’re NOT eating your way through every summer Monday with a big ‘ol cilantro lime grilled steak burrito bowl?
It’s never too late to make amends. Aka, it’s burrito bowl time, guys.
And can I just say that I would not rule these out for dinner material all week? Burrito bowlin’ your way through the week might just be the best idea ever.
We certainly aren’t strangers to the whole dinner bowl ‘eatin game around here, guys, but THESE babies today are something special. And there’s steak and freaking avocado. You want all the deets? >>>
√ Cilantro lime marinated steak, mind you. I want to put this marinade on approximately everything.
√ BIG freaking piles of fluffy rice make up the base.
√ Followed by all that aforementioned beef we discussed. And avocado + lettuce + tomatoes + beans + cheeeeeese + whatever else your burrito bowl lovin’ heart desires.
Obviously faceplants are a highly suggestive activity here, guys. That’s when you know you did a burrito bowl justice.
That and when you inadvertently decide grilled steak burrito bowls are whats on the menu all.freaking.week. ♥
Cilantro Lime Grilled Steak Burrito Bowls
Cilantro Lime Grilled Steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 lbs top round steak, fat trimmed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime wedges and additional minced cilantro for serving, optional
Cilantro Lime Grilled Steak
- In a shallow bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic, agave, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Place steak in marinade and coat both sides. Let marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and grill 4-5 minutes on each side or until beef is cooked to your preferred temperature. Let beef stand 10 minutes then thinly slice against the grain.
- Divide rice, beef slices, beans, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and cheese between 4 bowls and top each burrito bowl with lime wedges and additional cilantro if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Mmm this is my kind of burrito bowl! And you’re so right, this is serious comfort food, too. I love the flavors of this steak. Gives it the perfect touch!
I’m always down for a Mexican inspired bowl! I’m in love with the sound of that cilantro lime marinated steak and these bowls are so pretty Sarah!