Stuffed with a flavor-packed orzo filling, these summery Greek orzo stuffed sweet peppers are a fun change from the usual stuffed peppers and SO easy to throw together!
^^^ How to do a stuffed pepper summer justice, guys.
I saw the prettiest multi-color sweet peppers at the farmers market last week and these beauties were born. Like the moment I saw them I was envisioning the stuffed peppers of a lifetime.
For that we must enlist orzo. And allllllll the Greek goodness. And thus >>> piles of feta. I really really enjoy piles of feta in all the things.
Really though. Stuffed peppers of our freaking summer dreams. ??
These are ridiculously easy to pull off, guys. Yes, they’re gorgeous as heck but they’re also easy as heck. I just really love it when pretty food has easy in the same sentence.
- Prep yo peppers. Pick out three pretty guys, halve ’em and take out all the seeds.
- FILLING. The heart and soul here. Cooked orzo, olives, garlic, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, spinach, and feta. Lots of feta as previously stressed.
- Stuff ’em within an inch of their pepper lives. Then a short bake time. Then the time of your life.
These are everything you could ever ask of a stuffed pepper, honestly. I could eat approximately 1093 of these.
Ask me to prove it and I will with no hesitation.
Greek Orzo Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 oz orzo pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium sweet peppers, cut in half and seeds discarded
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add garlic and spinach to pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and spinach is wilted. Add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon juice, cooked orzo, and feta cheese to skillet, tossing to combine. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon juice, cooked orzo, and feta cheese to skillet, tossing to combine. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sweet pepper halves in a greased baking pan and fill with orzo mixture. Bake peppers at 375F 20-25 minutes or until peppers are softened and filling is hot. Serve immediately and enjoy!