Stuffed with a flavor-packed orzo filling, these summery Greek orzo stuffed sweet peppers are a fun change from the usual stuffed peppers and SO easy to throw together!
^^^ How to do a stuffed pepper summer justice, guys.
I saw the prettiest multi-color sweet peppers at the farmers market last week and these beauties were born. Like the moment I saw them I was envisioning the stuffed peppers of a lifetime.
For that we must enlist orzo. And allllllll the Greek goodness. And thus >>> piles of feta. I really really enjoy piles of feta in all the things.
Really though. Stuffed peppers of our freaking summer dreams. ??
These are ridiculously easy to pull off, guys. Yes, they’re gorgeous as heck but they’re also easy as heck. I just really love it when pretty food has easy in the same sentence.
- Prep yo peppers. Pick out three pretty guys, halve ’em and take out all the seeds.
- FILLING. The heart and soul here. Cooked orzo, olives, garlic, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, spinach, and feta. Lots of feta as previously stressed.
- Stuff ’em within an inch of their pepper lives. Then a short bake time. Then the time of your life.
These are everything you could ever ask of a stuffed pepper, honestly. I could eat approximately 1093 of these.
Ask me to prove it and I will with no hesitation.
Greek Orzo Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 oz orzo pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium sweet peppers, cut in half and seeds discarded
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add garlic and spinach to pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and spinach is wilted. Add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon juice, cooked orzo, and feta cheese to skillet, tossing to combine. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon juice, cooked orzo, and feta cheese to skillet, tossing to combine. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sweet pepper halves in a greased baking pan and fill with orzo mixture. Bake peppers at 375F 20-25 minutes or until peppers are softened and filling is hot. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I love stuffed peppers, orzo and Greek flavors, so count me in! These peppers are so beautiful, too. I’m anxiously waiting for about (8) yellow bells to ripen in my garden — I’m so excited to stuff them!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Such a fun combo, Sarah! I love that you stuffed these with orzo and ALL the flavors! Sounds perfect for dinner tonight!
Thanks Gayle! It’s total summer in a dinner!
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
Love stuffed peppers and haven’t made them in awhile; can’t wait to try these! 🙂
Thanks Brittany, me too!! 😉
This was such a huge hit during our potluck last Sunday. They loved it. It was a great addition to our usual recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you, Shelia! I’m glad you enjoyed these. 🙂
Mike from Chili Pepper Madness says
I’m a stuffed pepper fanatic and I just love the idea of stuffing them with orzo. These look great! Looking forward to trying them. My garden is ready to explode.
My garden is ready to explode too, Mike! Hope you get to try these. 🙂