Crisp, chewy coconut cookies are dipped half in semisweet chocolate and half in white chocolate and the result is a batch of GORGEOUS black and white coconut cookies perfect for a fancier event.
You have no idea how long black and white cookies have been on my baking agenda, guys. Long enough to give me the great idea that HEY, coconut belongs in there somewhere too!!
So the almighty black and white coconut cookies were born. And the cookie angels are a’ singing.
I’m a little bit ecstatic about these cookies. Best of like THREE worlds!! We got white chocolate, semisweet chocolate, and thin, crispy, chewy coconut cookies.
In other words, what more could Wednesday even NEED.
I know, you probably think that these look WAY too fussy and geez, calm down with the fancy stuff already. These are honestly the easiest fancy-looking cookie in the WORLD to pull off. >>>
- The base. Our gorgeous little coconut cookies which require only one bowl + minimal ingredients + 10 minute bake time until they’re golden and crispy. Easy-peasy. The most time consuming part is just waiting for them to cool.
- And once they are…..it’s time to melt down ALL THAT CHOCOLATE. You can microwave it, double-boiler it, I don’t have a preference. Just make sure there’s lots because you’re gonna dip one side in the dark, one side in the white, chilling them in between these dip sessions and then afterwards as well. This will ensure you get no overly drippy halves of chocolate!
Then obviously a garnish of shredded coconut on top is VERY muchly needed. Aren’t pretty cookies just a blessing??
Best of ALL the cookie worlds right here.
Black and White Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or with a handheld mixer) beat butter with sugar until completely creamy. Beat in vanilla and egg until smooth. Add flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until dough just comes together.
- Scoop dough into 1 in balls and place 2-in apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges are a light golden-brown. Cool cookies completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cookies are cooled, working one at a time, dip one half of each cookie in melted semisweet chocolate. Chill cookies 10 minutes or until chocolate is hardened. Dip other half of each cookie in white chocolate and return to fridge to set 10 minutes. Once chocolates are set, serve cookies and enjoy!