You’ll find all the apple pie fixins’ in this decadent glazed baked oatmeal! Tender apples, crunchy pecans, and sweet glaze make it the ultimate (and easiest!) morning oatmeal.
Ahhhh yes. When pie meets breakfast. ??
But hey, who are we even kidding? Leftover actual pie always means you got breakfast MADE for the next day.
I won’t cover my face in shame because I’m 1000% convinced that I’m not flying solo on that pie front.
Moving on to less cringe-worthy things like FREAKING APPLE PIE BAKED OATMEAL. I’ll be danged if this isn’t gonna be my go-to oatmeal of the season.
Observe >>> we got toasty pecans + tender sweet apple chunks + a soft as heck baked oatmeal base + sweet vanilla glaze. I was literally eating this straight outta the pan with a small shred of shame.
We got SO much breakfast convenience because this apple pie baked oatmeal comes together all in one bowl, bakes up in only 20 minutes, and then the only thing left to do is dump all dat glaze on top.
And then eat it piping hot with even more glaze in yo personal bowl. You get me?
Again though, the pan will suffice. ??
Glazed Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1-in cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves salt, baking soda and baking powder until smooth. Gently fold in oats, apples, and pecans until just combined.
- Scrape oatmeal mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients together until drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled baked oatmeal and serve immediately. Enjoy!